MS and the Coronavirus: Can we get vaccinated?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/multiple-sclerosis.jpg

Patients Multiple sclerosis

Posted on

Hello I started taking Ocrevus last year and I love what has been doing for me so far. I know every medication treats everybody’s body differently. Please talk to your neurologist to find out if this medication would work for you.

• Community manager
Posted on

Hello everyone,

How have you been lately? emoticon cute

Now that the flu season is quickly approaching, I think this thread would be particularly relevant to us.

Do you normally get a flu shot or have you been advised not to? If so, do you count on getting vaccinated this year in light of the COVID-19 pandemic?
@Kennyowen@brina2818@Ola Ghoneim@Flutterby@Football56@Wisilintoo@Cynthia92@Crochetnut@KC-Walker@Timanddusty@aprono@amp4ecu@rockin888@Flutterby@PennyT@HeatherSweet‍ 

To learn a bit more about the 2020-2021 flu vaccine, you can read our new article on the subject here: Flu Season 2020-2021: What do you need to know before getting vaccinated?

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

Got our flu vaccines. 

Posted on

@Courtney_J My neurologist said vaccines are OK as long as they are not live vaccines.  I had the synthetic shingles vaccine and will have a flu shot as soon as the pharmacies get more in.  Hoping the Covid vaccines will be synthetic.

Posted on

When I was first diagnosed the physician told me I should not receive a flu vaccine. I started to do research with the MS Society and all the literature was suggesting that I do get the flu vaccine. Since then I  have received flu vaccine.  I’ve been diagnosed with MS for 21 years.  61 now. 

Posted on

@Rjackson Nice to meet you - I've been diagnosed since 1993 and am now 66 years old.  It's been quite the journey.

Posted on

Hello All! 
I have always been told not to do flu vaccine abd never taken one. As for vaccine Covid , once scientist come up with a vaccine, I will then as my neuro list. I will not be a Guinness pig.

Posted on

I am sure its fine. Vaccines are 90% affective.

Posted on

Thank you 

Posted on

@rockin888 No problem. 

Most commented discussions