High ANA titer and other symptoms, but Rheumatologist said I don't have lupus - anyone with similar experience/results?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/lupus.jpg

Patients Lupus

1 reply

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity
Posted on

My PC sent me to a Rheumatologist after I had a high ANA (positive) titer patter, homogenous, 1:640.

When I googled symptoms a lot of them made sense (hair loss, GI issues, frequent infections, swelling of legs and feet, etc.). 

Today the Rheumatologist told me I do not have lupus because the antibodies that indicate lupus were within normal range, minus ANA and a low RBC. I asked why my titer was high and I didn’t receive a real answer. 

Has anyone else received results similar to this only to find out they actually do have lupus? 

Thanks! 

Beginning of the discussion - 5/18/19

High ANA titer and other symptoms, but Rheumatologist said I don't have lupus - anyone with similar experience/results?
Member Carenity
Posted on

I have severely low WBC and RBC alongside all the symptoms on and off again but flares happening every month. Negative ANA though and a multitude of other tests. My rheumatologist basically said there’s nothing more for him to do and followed with I can get a second opinion. 

so out of pocket here we go .

you should seek another opinion until you find the doctor that is right for you and will listen.