https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/lupus.jpg

Patients Lupus

13 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity
Posted on

Hi everyone,

I have had some hair loss for a while, which I attribute to lupus. I also have Crohn's, but my doctor said it is due to lupus diagnosis

However, I feel like it is progressing rapidly and my hair is getting thinner by the day and bald spots appearing quickly... I have always had this issue, but my hair would grow back where bald spots appeared and my condition improved.

However, my hair never got "thinner"... I don't know. Maybe I am freaking out.

Anyone else going through this or have gone through this? What do you do treat it?

Did you make any chances to your diet? (I have heard success has come with this).

Has anyone else had this? If so, how are you treating it? I am on a gluten free vegan diet.

Beginning of the discussion - 2/27/19

Hair loss and lupus?

Member Carenity
Posted on

I experienced hair thinning and minor hair loss prior to my diagnosis. Since I have been on treatment, I have not experience much hair loss, however.

Hair loss and lupus?
Member Carenity
Posted on

I have recently been dx. with lupus but I’ve been dealing with fibromyalgia, UCTD and graves dz. I thought the hair thinning was from the graves dz. (thyroid dz)., but I was told by my Dr that it was lupus. I’m a mess right now. I’m always fatigued and in pain. My family try’s to be supportive but it’s hard to relate to something you know nothing about. I just purchased nioxin hair treatment. I was told it would help with thinning hair and hair loss. I am starting to have problems with a rash on my face. Can someone please tell me what I can use for this.   Sincerely, Tzwifey99 

Hair loss and lupus?
Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username‍ what medication are you on? some medications can cause hairloss also.

Hair loss and lupus?
Member Carenity
Posted on
Sorry your going through, when I was on Methotrexate or Plaquenil tgey both made me bald. Now that I'm off them my hair is growing so pretty. I know its hard,pray it gets better.Can you try a hair and nail vitamin?
Hair loss and lupus?

Member Carenity
Posted on

I been suffering with lupus for a long time some days are good and some are bad.. I have fibromyalgia,RA,I suffered 2 heart attack’s and I have 14 stents lupus has done a number on my body.. I’m always in pain and always have server chest pain it’s very hard living with lupus.. but I have a lot of support and it keeps me going 

Hair loss and lupus?

Member Carenity
Posted on

Does anyone here take Biotin supplement to deal with hair loss? Is is effective in reducing thinner hair and hair loss?

Hair loss and lupus?

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username Yes! It makes your hair thicker! I also am taking collagen which has been, I believe, helping also. I also make sure now that my hair products have no parabens and sulfate. My hair now thicker and growing better than before! I cannot say it is soley because of the collagen and biotin and new hair products, but it must be helping. I also am taking fish oil now.

Hair loss and lupus?
Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username thank you so much. I suffered from hair loss and fatigue because of lupus medications. Some people also recommend me Bitoin and Lupufree supplements to take, I'm hesitant between them. 

Hair loss and lupus?
Member Carenity
Posted on

my hair all of  a sudden started really fall out.  Had some blood workdone again my vitamin D level was a 9 it is suppose to be 100. so started taking vit. D things are better.but as you know lupus is different with everyone.  jolove