How to recognize a lupus flare-up?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/lupus.jpg

Patients Lupus

1 reply

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hi,

I was diagnosed about  9 months ago now and I'm still having kind of a hard time recognizing a flare-up before it happens...

I don't have a fever or any major joint pain, just stiff fingers in the morning.

I've noticed that I am not as hungry anymore so I've been eating less. I've also starting having more frequent anxiety attacks (I have depression + GAD), migraines and intense fatigue. I've been having problems at work too with remembering things and concentrating.

My next appointment with my doctor is a long way away so I was wondering if anyone can share any advice or anything? :)

Beginning of the discussion - 6/23/21

How to recognize a lupus flare-up?

• Community manager
Posted on

Hi @whatistheissue‍, thank you for opening this discussion. When you're new to a chronic illness it can take a while until you become fully familiar with all its quirks and symptoms. Let me tag some other members who can possibly share with you. emoticon cute

Hello everyone, how are you today? Can you share some insights about lupus flare-ups? Can you tell before you have a flare-up? What types of symptoms do you have before and during a flare? 
@Danilola@Nclady1966@Maria1958@Maryann7@AmberRussell@Fresh.out.of.Spoons@Dodiel@DeniseLynn@Jackwold@Rachelsara@Kprice8529@BettyBorsukoff@Debgaudy@Destiny415@claudke@Stepb1@Shanar@Pixiestyx‍ 

Feel free to share with us here!

Take care,
Courtney

Most commented discussions