If you could get rid of certain symptoms or complications, which would they be?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Lung cancer

4 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity • Community manager
Posted on

Hello everyone,

With any chronic illness comes troubling symptoms and complications.

With lung cancer, these can be exhaustion/fatigue, shortness of breath, pain (chest pain, bone pain...), fluid build up in the chest (pleural effusion), headaches, excessive weight loss, adverse side-effects from medications/treatments...

We thought we would start a discussion today to faciliate conversation between members by asking:

If you could get rid of certain symptoms complications of lung cancer, which would they be and why?

Share in the comments below.

Beginning of the discussion - 4/12/19

Member Carenity
Posted on

I would say for me, the chest pain and the dry cough with difficulty breathing.

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username HI ... I hope you are doing ok. what treatment do you follow?

Prior to my diagnosis and early on during the treatment, the worse was the chest pain, which also lead to  shortness of breath. I also would not stop coughing... one of the things that led me to see out a doctor.

I did loose weight though, but not out of want.

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username I underwent radiation therapy, how about yourself and immunotherapy and some aspirin lol

Member Carenity
Posted on

New to this site. My spouse has lung cancer and had went through chemotherapy, which was just as bad to an extent as the lung cancer. I wish there was some treatment that worked in severe instances like chemotherapy. This is not a true symptom, but maybe a complication - I guess - but not really... but I would choose that the need for chemotherapy was not required anymore and some other, less intense, treatment existed because chemotherapy drains and destroys one's sense of body.