What is your lung cancer diagnosis story?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Lung cancer

2 replies

Topic of the discussion

• Community manager
Posted on

Hello everyone, 

How are you today? emoticon cute

I thought I would create this discussion so we can all get to know one another better!

So, what is your lung cancer diagnosis story? What type of lung cancer do you have? When and how were you diagnosed? How are you doing today?
@Chicken little@Rmnana15@Jlg7421@Ginny9@joymartinez23@Fayegoodwin@critt01@Djr2620@Joyful326@Mothermary68@Fightenirish@MOJO13@Peg123@grandma of 15@DarlaMccallister@Jskinner4@Davidy@Jeanie1234‍ 

Feel free to share your story with us here!

Take care,
Courtney

Beginning of the discussion - 5/5/21

Posted on

Hi, hope everyone is doing ok, it's been a bit quiet on here.

I was diagnosed in early 2017 with stage 2 adenocarcinoma and had a partial lobectomy later in the year. It was a total shock to me because I was in decent health before and I didn't smoke. I had no idea you could get lung cancer when you're not a smoker. Anyway, the recovery was long for me and I still have days where I struggle with my breathing, but 4 years on I'm still in remission!

Posted on

I was diagnosed in 2018 with stage IIIa NSCLC. I'd been a smoker for 20+ years and hadn't really been able to quit so I almost knew what it was when I started having issues. I don't know if I thought it was cancer, but I knew it had to do with the smoking. I was having really bad coughing with blood and chest pain. I had chemo and radiation and then surgery. 

Most commented discussions