/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients HIV/AIDS

HIV and stigma
Member Carenity
Posted on

Hi Susan,

Sorry for what you are going through, you are not alone; I am new to this and also in the same situation as many others, t the risk of being long winded let me just say; be patient with your family but at the same time keep doing what you are doing, it won't be easy but they will come around.

HIV and stigma
Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username I understand what you're trying to convey, however hiv is NOT transmissible if you take you medication as prescribed and you're undectable.  This is the reason why the the Stigma still persists is because WE don't believe that but its scientifically proven and the CDC  states the same. If she wanted to have unprotected sex fine she should make sure she's involved in her partner care, going to the doctor's with him, etc. 

HIV and stigma
Member Carenity
Posted on

I am new to this.  This is all very confusing to me so if anyone can help please do so.  I was just recently diagnosed and infected.  It doesn't seem to bother the people I have told but I dont have many people in my life either.  I am on medication.  I was diagnosed through  routine bloodwork 2 months ago. I am so... I dont know

HIV and stigma
Member Carenity
Posted on

I am new to this.  This is all very confusing to me so if anyone can help please do so.  I was just recently diagnosed and infected.  It doesn't seem to bother the people I have told but I dont have many people in my life either.  I am on medication.  I was diagnosed through  routine bloodwork 2 months ago. I am so... I dont know

HIV and stigma
Member Carenity • Community manager
Posted on

@Hidden username Hello,

Thanks for your comment and welcome to the forum. I imagine you must be in shock after receiving an unexpected diagnosis, but don't forget that HIV is a treatable chronic illness and most people who receive proper medical care go on to live long and healthy lives. Feel free to reach out to other members for support either by public or private message.

Wishing you the best!

Lee

HIV and stigma

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username thank you 

HIV and stigma
Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username thank you