/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients HIV/AIDS

20 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

I'm trying to figure out how to date being HIV pos.  In my part of the country (Dallas) the HIV community is surprisingly small especially if your a hetero male. We're like unicorns around here. I've really begun to despair about ever finding anyone.  Geeesh I sound pathetic but that's the ugly truth. What in the world am I going to do?

Beginning of the discussion - 12/27/19

HIV Dating

Posted on

Believe it or not there are alot of women in Dallas who postive ..I used to be in a facebook group and it seemed every lives in Dallas

HIV Dating

Posted on

@Sweety18 @MichaelC‍ 

Hello and thanks for your comments. How do you handle revealing your status to a new partner if you don't mind me asking? It seems a lot of members in this group have similar questions.

Take care,

Lee

HIV Dating

Posted on

Well neither one of us handled it well.. he is leaving me..hebsaid he loves me but too scared that he will catch the virus.

HIV Dating

Posted on

Sorry to   hear that . Their are medications out there to reduce the virus and with protection and education and honesty. Why isn't that enough.? How can Fear be more powerful than facts and education?

HIV Dating

Posted on

Does anyone know of any HIV positive dating sites for Canada?

HIV Dating

Posted on

@Sweety18 I'm sorry to hear that :(

HIV Dating

Posted on

@Lee__R It happens a lot. Try online dating. I'm "out" about my status on my Tinder profile and I've actually had people tell me I should be ashamed for being on dating platform. As if just the mere act of going on date with me is dangerous.

We really need to improve education in this country

HIV Dating

Posted on

@healthyme‍ I agree with you. It's not dangerous going on a date...lol

I haven't told anyone about my status yet, I'm not ashamed tho. I do want to date and when I decide to I will disclose this info. I mean I want people to know before they get to a date, they way there is no misunderstanding. Yes, people are uneducated and too afraid to learn. Fuck them!!! Someone will appreciate my honesty.

HIV Dating

Posted on

I'm glad this topic is posted, and it seems like there's no good answer to the original question. I tried waiting for a few dates and then bringing it up - no good. I'm not planning on advertising it on a dating site either because I am somewhat ashamed. It really seems like a lifetime of loneliness is destined to happen.