Does your diabetes affect your mental health?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Diabetes (Type 2)

2 replies

Topic of the discussion

• Community manager
Posted on

Hi everyone,

How are you today? emoticon cute

If you haven't seen it already, we've just published an article about diabetes' impact on mental health! You can read it here: What influence does diabetes have on mental health?

Diabetes can be an emotionally and physically demanding condition because you have to constantly be thinking about your blood sugar and disease management.

Have you ever felt overwhelmed by your diabetes? Has it ever affected your mental health, making you feel anxious or depressed? If so, how do or did you cope with these feelings?
@Tergell@soozboz@mawmaw58@Suzannego@Jimmyj3636@Sbphelos@Tilleywinks@Wynndixie@janeice723@evamarie0926@Momdebbie@Huggies12@Sleaz1@embkej@jtd0906‍ 

Feel free to share here!

Take care,
Courtney

Beginning of the discussion - 9/2/21

Posted on

My goodness. This is spot on. Recently diagnosed with prediabetes and having to consider what I eat and the impact along with always being sluggish has been a thorn in my side. I have been anxious and have had all kinds of emotions. 

I just want relief!

Posted on

Newly diagnosed a couple of weeks ago I have been having hyperglycemia thanks to covid and I just feel so sad, overwhelmed and scared. I’m so worried that I won’t be able to get my blood sugar under control.

Most commented discussions