- Home
- Forums
- Diabetes (Type 2) Forum
- Living with type 2 diabetes
- Does your diabetes affect your mental health?
Patients Diabetes (Type 2)
Does your diabetes affect your mental health?
- 68 views
- 4 times supported
- 7 comments
All comments
Neetroben8854
Neetroben8854
Last activity on 12/23/2022 at 6:43 PM
Joined in 2021
2 comments posted | 1 in the Diabetes (Type 2) Forum
Rewards
-
Explorer
My goodness. This is spot on. Recently diagnosed with prediabetes and having to consider what I eat and the impact along with always being sluggish has been a thorn in my side. I have been anxious and have had all kinds of emotions.
I just want relief!
Unregistered member
Newly diagnosed a couple of weeks ago I have been having hyperglycemia thanks to covid and I just feel so sad, overwhelmed and scared. I’m so worried that I won’t be able to get my blood sugar under control.
Chuleysh556
Chuleysh556
Last activity on 09/21/2026 at 1:28 AM
Joined in 2021
3 comments posted | 2 in the Diabetes (Type 2) Forum
1 of their responses was helpful to members
Rewards
-
Explorer
Type 2 for 8 years now. I find it to be an all consuming disease. It feels like my life revolves around the number 7 (my target A1C number). It’s been great lately but I worry the meds will be less impactful over time. Then what. I fear taking insulin. I’d see it as failure if that happened. What’s scary about diabetes is it’s insidious nature. It quietly works on your system in an asymptomatic way. I think it becomes too easy to get complacent.
Frothen954
Good advisor
Frothen954
Last activity on 05/29/2022 at 9:53 PM
Joined in 2020
13 comments posted | 1 in the Diabetes (Type 2) Forum
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Explorer
Have been type 2 diabetic for about 10 years. My A1C is around 7...not too bad, but if I keep my glucose levels at 100 or less I'm so dang tired it's hard to function. I recently retired and glad I did...the last couple of years were physically challenging. I've began some light workouts to get my A1C even lower. But I'm still looking for that ''silver bullet'' for energy that came keep me going. At my age coffee doesn't cut it anymore.
Joafamoun27
Good advisor
Joafamoun27
Last activity on 12/08/2025 at 1:44 AM
Joined in 2021
7 comments posted | 2 in the Diabetes (Type 2) Forum
1 of their responses was helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Committed
-
Explorer
Lately, I feel bottomed out. I'm managing the A1C pretty well. However, I have kidney disease stage 3B and have little knowledge on how to handle it. I have no energy and no drive. Finances are a constant worry. I'm on mental overload!
Dreycreecrush8
Dreycreecrush8
Last activity on 01/06/2026 at 9:22 PM
Joined in 2020
12 comments posted | 9 in the Diabetes (Type 2) Forum
Rewards
-
Contributor
-
Committed
-
Explorer
-
Friend
Have a question
I had Pacemaker last Tue 11-9-2021
My sugary have been ave 275 and one day I don't eat anything for Breakfast or Lunch
Because my sugary was pushing close 200
And been under lot of pains.
Randy H
Dreycreecrush8
Dreycreecrush8
Last activity on 01/06/2026 at 9:22 PM
Joined in 2020
12 comments posted | 9 in the Diabetes (Type 2) Forum
Rewards
-
Contributor
-
Committed
-
Explorer
-
Friend
Have a question
I had Pacemaker last Tue 11-9-2021
My sugary have been ave 275 and one day I don't eat anything for Breakfast or Lunch
Because my sugary was pushing close 200
And been under lot of pains.
Randy H
Give your opinion
Members are also commenting on...
Articles to discover...
Medication fact sheets - patient opinions...
Subscribe
You wish to be notified of new comments
You have been subscribed
Courtney_J
Community managerGood advisor
Courtney_J
Community manager
Last activity on 08/08/2022 at 11:09 AM
Joined in 2020
1,334 comments posted | 81 in the Diabetes (Type 2) Forum
6 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
Good Advisor
Contributor
Messenger
Explorer
Friend
Hi everyone,
How are you today?
If you haven't seen it already, we've just published an article about diabetes' impact on mental health! You can read it here: What influence does diabetes have on mental health?
Diabetes can be an emotionally and physically demanding condition because you have to constantly be thinking about your blood sugar and disease management.
Have you ever felt overwhelmed by your diabetes? Has it ever affected your mental health, making you feel anxious or depressed? If so, how do or did you cope with these feelings?
@Hidden username @Wouleatheysh8 @Wadripoachet39 @Hidden username @Chuleysh556 @Flaydujoot32 @Moafleyn4 @Proudaylool93 @Cheesteadopeyr60 @Hidden username @332Beafres @Hidden username @Glipleygrel2 @57Kaiprekil @420Yeneeck
Feel free to share here!
Take care,
Courtney