blurry vision after vertigo - blurry vision still present. Anyone with experience?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Diabetes (Type 2)

5 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

I recently had vertigo for 4 days and developed blurry vision in one eye. the vertigo is gone but my vision is still blurry. my dr wants me to get a 2000 dollar brain MRI, anyone have similar experience?

Beginning of the discussion - 7/24/19

blurry vision after vertigo - blurry vision still present. Anyone with experience?

Posted on

I am sorry you are experiencing that. I have never had vertigo. Does your doctor know what caused it?

Posted on

@rodigardner‍ was the vertigo a result of a hypo? Did you get blurry vision immediately with the vertigo? I know some people experience bouts of blurry vision due to side effects from Sulfonylureas medications, like Glucotrol. 

Posted on

I have had vertigo off and on for 15 years. Never had blurry vision with it. Brain MRI was normal. Doctor says it was probably caused by high sugars and now that they are coming down, that's why my eyes are blurry and should go away. Vertigo gone, still blurry.

Posted on
I had my eyes checked and new glasses RX in June. This was before I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, so the DR is thinking the blurry vision is from my high blood sugar at the time of my eye exam and now that my sugar is lower and I am on meds, it is making my vision blurry and in time it will go away. I just wish it would go away soon!

Posted on

@Dogmom that sounds plausible. When were you diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and how long have you been on treatment for?

Is your BG in normal ranges?

Most commented discussions