https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/depression.jpg

Patients Depression

6 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity
Posted on

I was physically and mentally abused by someone who I thought loved me. He destroyed a really big part of me. I am constantly battling my feelings and the pain.. I just don't know what to do anymore.. 

Beginning of the discussion - 12/5/19

PTSD domestic violence

Member Carenity
Posted on

I hope that you continue to find the strength and courage to keep moving forward. I know it seems as though you have a long road ahead of you and speaking from experience, you can overcome this in your own right and in your own time. Don’t let anyone tell you to just get over it or to quit dwelling in the past. You have every right to feel the way you do but know that you are not alone. Best wishes.

PTSD domestic violence
Member Carenity
Posted on

It's very hard for anyone and getting over the fact isnt ever easy, I was raped by my uncle my moms brother I trusted him and we had always been close. 10 yrs later hes serving a 99 to life. You are strong gorgoues and courage you can get threw it. In your darkest times teach out for help. 

PTSD domestic violence
Member Carenity
Posted on

I dont know where to go to get help with this issue? Any suggestions? Also suffer from severe depression and anxiety!!

PTSD domestic violence
Member Carenity
Posted on

I suffer also, where do you live babygirl here is my cell text or call anytime 

PTSD domestic violence
Member Carenity
Posted on

PTSD domestic violence
Member Carenity
Posted on

I know what you mean. I just escaped an abusive relationship over a month ago after going back 5 times and I'm still reeling because it was the most intense relationship I've experienced. I lost everything: alot of my belongings, my job, my car, and my life. So I feel very...stuck and ashamed worthless letdown and lost right now. I still have dreams and anxiety whenever I think about the times I almost died at the hands of the person who told me I was their "soulmate". Not only that but the times the other person was hurt accidentally because of escalated incidents leaves me incredibly guilty and ashamed. I'm not sure I will be able to trust people the same way anymore. I just want to drink myself into oblivion. My dogs are my saving grace and the reason I get up in the mornings right now. It's hard.