Nowhere to go and no one to turn to during a divorce

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/depression.jpg

Patients Depression

2 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hi! I'm @BrinleysGma and I'm new on here so not quite sure how to start this but here it goes!  I've been struggling with depression/anxiety for approximately 30 years now and it seems I'm losing the battle.  Noones fault but my own b/c unfortunately I'm one of those people who think she no longer needs her meds/therapy b/c she's "feeling better".  Dumbest thing is, I actually know better than that.  I think it's just become a thing over the years that I'm just not comfortable taking my meds b/c besides my doctor it seems I'm the only one who believes I need them.  Idk....anyway, on top of my depression/anxiety and no longer taking my meds I decided it was a good idea to start drinking as well.  You know, cuz it made me feel so much better (not at all).  And well, that has led me to make some very very poor choices when it comes to money (finances) and not the first time either, my husband has asked me for a divorce (on Fahers Day) and although I do truly understand why, I'm somehow still at a loss here!  My heart is breaking for him  (he has been thru alot medically and emotionally) because I'm the one who broke his heart and his trust.  I can't move out b/c I have nowhere to go and I have no job (been looking).  He says I can stay as long as I need to but we don't talk at all (don't blame him) and just being in the same house with him is killing me b/x I just wanna hug him and kiss him and make everything better even tho I know I can't!  And trying to talk with my friends (the very very very few I have) is a compete waste of time!  They don't care enough to listen or they just cannot wait to tell me to just get up, get over it and move on!   Really?   Wonder what they would really do if they were me?   I don't have any meds right now but I do have an appointment for August 28th with my psychologist to get back on my meds and start therapy again.  But until then, I HAVE NOWHERE TO GO AND NOONE TO TURN TO!   I feel like I'm drowning and the biggest part of my heart wants me to so not only do I not have to feel this pain any longer but neither will anyone else who knows me.  Sorry so long!  Very sorry!  

Beginning of the discussion - 6/22/20

Posted on

@BrinleysGma Hello BrinleysGma, thank you for starting this discussion and sharing your story with us. I'm sorry to hear you're feeling this way and you're going through all of that. Please know that the Carenity community is here for you! Let me tag some members who can maybe share some advice or support with you.

Hi everyone, how are you doing today? Have your ever felt alone in your depression like you have no one to turn to? What did you do to find support? Do you have any advice or words of support to share with BrinleysGma? Feel free to share here!
@LisaLisa@LillyLezzett@dyermm @Sirovy@Allison96@Vanhanna12@Dumplings@Jimsexton536@Rojothomas@lwesner@chais20a@Tam1016@Samsyr@Janiekent@Pleasedearlord@Sotharan@Cindyw‍ 

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

I’m doing well today, however, I am frustrated because as a pro se litigant suing this County, I am having trouble obtaining the proper forms that are necessary and required for me to file this before my deadline. Ugh. I have to do this. It is the only right thing to do. And if I don’t get it done, I will regret it for the rest of my life. 

I’m doing very well managing the depression and emotions that come from so much abuses against my and my children’s persons right now, I think. 

I must admit though to feeling all ALONE. Because I am fighting a “monster” all alone with no support.