Depression - Coronavirus pandemic and mental health

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/depression.jpg

Patients Depression

Posted on

@adamputman1962‍  I was homeless for a period of 8 months previously. I remember my "Showers" consisted of locking the bathroom door at Burger King and washing my hair in the sink and a quick "sponge bath" with a wash cloth. I would use the hand blow dryers to dry my hair quickly (as much as I could) because I was so embarrassed when I left with wet hair and I came in with it dry.  Congrats on getting warm water into your truck. Why won't the company you work for not pay for a hotel given the situation with COVID-19?

Posted on

@jgroch‍ , I’m so very sorry about your husband. I can’t imagine your pain. 

Posted on

Thank you. I realize there are so many people who suffer their own pain for whatever reasons or circumstances far worse than I. It's not all about my pain, but everyone who must deal with it in their lives.

• Community manager
Posted on

Hello everyone, how are you all doing today? If you haven't already seen it, we just published an article on dealing with mental health during the coronavirus lockdown. In it we tried to bring together some good advice and resources to help us all get through this difficult time. Feel free to give it a read and let us know what you think in the comments!

Mental Health: How to better cope during the COVID-19 lockdown?

Please don't hesitate to keep sharing how you are feeling, it's so important that we support one another through this difficult time! emoticon heart

Take care,

Courtney

Posted on

Things look like they are about to be normal again.  I am seeing more and more traffic out.  Soon the sit down places to eat will be open again.   I hope

Posted on

Hey everyone, I haven't been on here in a while because of stuff going on in my personal life, but I've glad to see both old and new names on here! I hope everyone is doing ok! I've been struggling a bit with my anxiety during all of this, but I just try to enjoy the little things each day that make me happy, and comfort myself with the idea that this may soon all be over.

How are you all doing?

Posted on

This pandemic has ruined everything for me and I’m just really struggling to keep it together. I’m in my freshman year of college and I hare to move home halfway across the country as a result of the virus. I’ve been in a long distance relationship for this past month and a half’s but my boyfriend just broke up with me.  I’m afraid he’s going to hurt himself and there’s nothing I can do. 

Posted on

I'm fluctuating between good days and bad. Some days I am just content with the little things in life and at being at home, but other days I can barely get out of bed. I've had so much more time to think, because I feel like this isn't just a virus that will be controlled and will pass, I think that a new world order is being prepared and we are not aware of it. I feel like our lives are going to change forever after this. Anyway...let's try to enjoy every moment that brings us something positive, let's focus on the present...and whatever has to come...let it come.

Posted on

@Vicclark I'm so sorry you're going through that. I'm not sure the media or people in general are thinking about what all the high school and college students are going through. I think about all the lost opportunities between graduating seniors and new freshman, there is so much excitement in the last and first years of school. I think it must be a sort of grieve y'all are going through. I'm so sorry about your relationship too, that must be so hard. If you seriously think he's going to hurt himself, can you try to contact his family or the suicide hotline? (1-800-273-8255)

I've been doing ok, the days are sort of blending together, I get up and do the same things each day. My therapist has set up appointments over video chat so that is really helpful to me. Getting to talk to someone really helps. Keep your chin up everyone, we will get through this!

Posted on

Living with depression is hard enough but now with what's  going on in the world with this deadly virus it is so scary.  I'm so worried that eventhough  my governor and my major say  the curve is flattening  I'm afraid that it will be stronger  when the Fall comes.  Sometimes  I can't watch the news or when the President  or my states mayor or governor  comes on tv because I don't want to hear about all the deaths this virus  has cause. I worry  about my friends  and family. I feel  guilty  when watch stand up comic videos and the make me laugh. We all just have stay safe and have hope and pray.

Most commented discussions