https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/crohns-disease.jpg

Patients Crohn's disease

3 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity
Posted on

Hey , my name is Alexis, I am 21 years old. I’ve been living with crohn’s since 2012 and holding a job is hard. If anyone has advice on how you are able to work with crohn’s. With my condition i’m not able to do many physical activities or stand fast food smells. Any information on how to get maintain on disability??? 

Beginning of the discussion - 7/11/19

Working with Crohn's - any advice?

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username‍ 9‍ The best recommendation is to find a job that has a boss that is understanding with your medical condition. I found that being open at interviews has helped because managers are more likely to be willing to help and are impressed with your drive. But the best is to get a work from home job.

I am currently working in compliance and luckily I am able to work from home. 

Member Carenity
Posted on

Thank you , I will try the at home job. I’m always open about my health and I’m always told they’ll make sure to work with me but it never goes that way πŸ˜’. 

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username disability is possible for those with Crohn's as long as the condition meets the severity and other requirements. Each person's diagnosis of Crohn's differs in severity and each person's ability to control it differs... so what one person may be able to do with Crohn's another may not. The same goes for a job, perhaps some people can hold down a job that requires more physical movement or public appearance, while others cannot and require a job with more freedom, such as working at home... while others may not be able to do any, I think it ultimately comes down to the severity of the symptoms and the ability of it able to be controlled (flare v remission).

Don't compare yourself to what others can do, but think about what you can do in your body.