How can I help my son with his Crohn's diagnosis?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/crohns-disease.jpg

Patients Crohn's disease

Posted on

I was first diagnosed in 13 with severe pains and sent to the emergency room where my mother in law was told if she hadn't got me there I would have died. I have has 1\2 in of whatever removed and have never had any pain since. 

My concern is this, I have been seeing the same gastroitis (spelling sucks) dr since then who at that time perscribed

welchol 25mg twice a day. In the past month he changed it to Budesnide CR 3 mg which I take 3 daily. My question is , is ths correct meds I should be taking or in the past 5 yrs should I be on something else?

Posted on

@mikfur2‍ I am glad you have not had any pain since. I don't think anyone can answer your medical question here though, unfortunately. Have you spoken to your doctor about why he wanted to make the change? If you are unsure about it, and worried, you could make an appointment with another doctor for a second opinion.

Posted on

@Linda0513 Any updates?

Posted on

Yes infusion therapy has been approved by insurance, doesn’t look like any surgery for the Fistula is required at this time.... 1st treatment is 11/2 ...... my son went back to work this week.... he’s very anxious about the treatment (he is needle phobic and is coming to terms with putting biologics in his body).......he has been very emotional but I view that as a positive sign that he is not keeping things bottled up inside. As a Mom my heart breaks for him..... I will be with him for his first treatment.......having his Mom there seems to comfort him.... I guess our Mom always makes it better no matter how old we are

Posted on

@Linda0513 tell him to try eating Paleo. No drugs ever helped me, & I've had Crohn's 43 yrs. 3 yrs ago I went Paleo and it did more then any drug has.

Most commented discussions