https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/bipolar-disorder.jpg

Patients Bipolar disorder

3 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity • Community manager
Posted on

What made you seek out a medical practicioner that resulted in the diagnosis of bipolar disorder? What were the initial syptoms you noticed?

How old were you at your diagnosis?

Beginning of the discussion - 5/30/19

What were the first symptoms you experienced?
Member Carenity
Posted on

I never really knew... I just kept thinking I was going through and struggling with depression and that is why I sought out a doctor. But once I was diagnosed and the doctor explained to me the condition, it was so clear... I had always had such highs and then such lows since I can remember.

I was diagnosed 2 years ago and still trying to best manage my condition. I am now 34.

Member Carenity • Community manager
Posted on

Hi everyone. Have you noticed we now have a group/forum dedicated to bi-polar? If you are not part of this group, make sure to click "Join Group" at the top of each of the forums within the group.

Come join in on one of our newest discussions on what were your initial signs and symptoms of bipolar disorder? What made you seek out a doctor/counselor? How old were you at diagnosis?

@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username‍ 

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username I was hospitalized numerous times as a preteen & teenager for depression and anxiety. The older I got the more manic episodes I had and that's when my psychiatrist who I've been seeing since I was 12 noticed my symptoms were different. I went through a very traumatic event when I was 19. I was finally put on proper medication for bi polar disorder and I also stopped heavily drinking. I'm now 22 and haven't had a manic episode in a few years