You're not alone with bipolar disorder: Daily check-in

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/bipolar-disorder.jpg

Patients Bipolar disorder

22 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

This really helps reading all the discussions. It's a daily reminder I'm not the only one hurting and dealing with this condition. Wish ther were more posts to talk on. 

Beginning of the discussion - 6/7/21

• Community manager
Posted on

Hi @KJSprite‍, thank you for opening this discussion and sharing how you feel. You're definitely not alone in feeling this way! If there's anything you'd like to talk about related to bipolar disorder (daily life, relationships, hobbies, treatments, therapy, etc.) or even not related to it, feel free to create a new discussion!

I think having a daily spot to check-in and share how we're doing it a great idea, so I've changed the title of this thread a bit and pinned it to the top of our group so it's easier to find!

Feel free to use this space to let us know how you're doing each day - the positive, the negative, anything in between! 

So, how are you all doing today? What's something that's going well for you? Is there anything that's not going so well? Is there anything you're looking forward to?
@Foxyprincess13@Wendyh2000@pkwillhoite@Vtease@MGJen75@wdutt69@WagnerM19@paigekk@vampire21@gramybear@Atel76@Mandi0_0@Gabbymcdow@domesticgoddezz@Sherryg@Ronigayle@kkrobertson‍ 

This is your space - feel free to share here! emoticon cute

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

Been having frequent arguments with my partner which is new for us in our 5 year relationship.  I'm bipolar and like to avoid confrontation.   When I step away from the argument he says I'm just ignorant.  I just don't like him yelling and his accusations.  I shutdown and withdraw--my defense mechanism.  Usually the argument is over something stupid, not important or because I didn't answer quite quick enough to a question!   I'm confused with this new stage of our relationship.

Posted on

Every relationship have bumps but he shouldn't call you ignorant . maybe hes the ignorant one for not knowing how bipolar works and maybe be a little more patient. Dont feel bad. Keep with your ways to stay calm. 

Posted on

today has been a busy day. I spent 4 hours at the library trying to write an essay, which is really hard right now due to the lack of focus. I went back to college to get my degree in Healthcare Management.  I've been doing good in all my classes so far.  I'm trying to keep going unlike before where I quit because I got bored.  

Posted on

I'm having trouble concentrating on one project at a time so basically get nothing done. Trying to get ready for a craft show in a little over a month, and with OCD and PTSD on top of bipolar, I'm having trouble with mania. 

Posted on

@Jesse'sGirl i know what u mean !  I have bipolar and was also diagnosed with ptsd, general depression and ADD. Bipolar and attention deficit disorder doesn't go well together.  I almost always have 2 - 4 projects im working on.  Then at the end of the day it seems like i haven't accomplished anything.  I get so angry and disappointed in myself.

What's a girl to do ?

Posted on

I put several projects in another room so they're out of sight and mind. Maybe that will help. But if course, that just made me see materials for another project, but that one (wire wrapped crystal) I did in less than an hour so at least I got something accomplished! Now back to sewing.

Posted on

Having a bad few days. Not sleeping or eating, anxiety thru roof and aggravated! Don't believe I'm on proper meds.

Posted on

Still running on empty! Didn't sleep much over last 48hours about total of 6 hours. Body is sore, tension headaches, not doing personal care, not eating, unorganized and the list goes on!  Want to just lay down and sleep for days but not happening. Agitated and argumentative! Spouse doesn't want to hear it, so he left for few days. Makes me feel very lonely, so crying a lot! 

Most commented discussions