Borderline personality disorder: Share your story!

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Behavioural disorders / Mental illness

1 reply

Topic of the discussion

• Community manager
Posted on

Hi everyone,

How are you today? emoticon cute

Have you read our latest testimonial: Borderline Personality Disorder: "Behind my smile lies a terrible pain."?

How has your experience with borderline personality disorder been like? When were you diagnosed? How do you cope with your bpd on a daily basis? Are you in therapy or taking any medications? Does it help you?
@Tam1016@GidgetB@Jenifer@Shanaynay@angelcatrom@sadangelflygirl@Glitterbear93@savigirl14@NaReyes@Kristaclare@AutisticElephant324@LyndaL@Byzantium1963@Eastonparker@Sunflowerowlgalaxy@NanGram@Tcasanova‍ 

Feel free to discuss and share your comments here! We're all here to support one another!

Take care,
Courtney

Beginning of the discussion - 9/28/21

Posted on

OK so I am not sure when this diagnosis came about for me but it did and now I am totally interested in your guys opinion of the subject. So to start what little research I've done on the subject the general basis is it's a diagnosis for people who have a hard time maintaining long term relationships. Well that is totally me. On a more specific note it means that I just really have some hyper intense emotions. Such as when I love I love more then ordinary people and the same is true as when I am hurting. SO I am actually thinking this may be the route of most of my problems which is why maybe medication does not help too much with me. It's true though every break-up I have gone thru has seemed like the end of the world really. Like I seriously wanted to die every time I lost a love. And every woman I have been with has only cared a small portion to the amount I have cared for them. For example I actually feel pleasure as I am causing them pleasure from hours of straight body massage to other things I am not sure I am allowed to talk about here. Yet 3 hours into it my hands may be on complete fire but so is my heart so I keep going loving every minute of it. But not just that but I think I have so much love in my heart for them I can actually channel it thru my hands making the experience that much more intense for them but yet what I get back in return is such a sad small little portion so I have stopped. But I mean I have the ability to heal thru these hands of mine only guided by my heart and focusing all my my energy into making them feel better but yet when I am done I am left with but a selfish woman who is satisfied with what she got and done with me not caring how much mental and physical energy I just spent on making her feel that way again. Is it a curse? Or is it a blessing? IDK really it's still a mystery to me at this point anyways. So what's your opinion has anyone else been diagnosed with this? If so what have you found out? Please comment.

• Community manager
Posted on

Hello @ShadowSlayerOFA‍, thank you for sharing your experience with us. I've moved your comment to this pre-existing thread about borderline personality disorder. emoticon cute

We recently published another testimonial where  a member talks about the origins of her BPD, you may find it interesting: Addiction and borderline personality disorder: "I don't know where this disorder comes from but I had an unusual childhood."

Can anyone share their experience of borderline personality disorder? When were you diagnosed? What have you learned along the way in your life journey with BPD?
@Kat1986@Headwreck@BunnyM@Lilysmonkey@Elenametz@JeanineP37@MidnightRaven@tgirl42067@LostWanderer@hxnnahm@amangum@Kenzieschave726@Chilin@Llcrade@Crismil77@Brandy41ky@Blueeyes7‍ 

Feel free to share with us here!

Take care,
Courtney

Most commented discussions