Dealing with unmedicated PTSD since childhood

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Autism Spectrum Disorder

7 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

I live with ptsd without medication .. Just need to talk to other ptsd so we can help one another.

Beginning of the discussion - 5/22/20

• Community manager
Posted on

@Countrygirl69 Hello Countrygirl69, thank you for starting this discussion. This is exactly what Carenity is for - bringing people together and helping them find support. Please know that we're all here for you! Let me tag some members who may have not seen this discussion yet.

Hello everyone, I hope you don't mind that I've tagged you. How are you doing in this difficult time? Have you noticed any changes in your PTSD while in lockdown or now as things are opening up again? How do you find support for your PTSD? This discussion is yours!

@cscott845@Shawny@Shanaynay@TAYtay1@Krazyk22@karen60@Charleigh@Shann7982@NaReyes@Ashkey25@Missandwes@Seanleroy@shanticris@Jesmalu@Amylh14@Toylynn70@Sunflowerowlgalaxy‍ 

Take care,

Courtney

Posted on

Hi I have this and depression  I hate it!! I have a hard time finding anyone how wants friends 

Posted on

I am almost 63 single and really in need of friends!!! I would love to find someone willing to do things with like go to a movie or go shopping with  And talk with any time we would like. I think some of this is why I am depressed!!! They also say I am adhd I think that's how you spell it. I sure would like to talk with someone 

Posted on

@Tinag57 @Countrygirl69 I don't have PTSD, but I have OCD and depression, and I can understand the loneliness and wanting friends. We can always talk on here if you want. 

Posted on

Thank you so much .

Posted on

I have ptsd and depression along adhd with some other issues. I recently moved here to Colorado right at start of this pandemic. I've dealt with this since childhood with no medications that help. I have high tolerance that makes impossible to find that one combination that continues to work. making friends has been difficult my entire life.  No one seems to understand the complications that come with these diagnosis. And finding a good dr that will fully listen and work with these issues hasn't been easy either. Im a single 45 yrs old living with my children and their children. I don't do well with sitting still or being alone. We all need friends.  Just having someone to talk to helps tremendously. Im always here of anyone needs a friend to chat with. 

Posted on

I had the same problem . no understanding . It seemed ever councelor i had  to solve their problems .. I had no choice .But to listen .. 

Most commented discussions