Struggling with depression and self love

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Autism Spectrum Disorder

6 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hello everyone I’m new here , I’m 22 years old and I have had depression since I was about 16 or  17, I’m trying to come off medication that I have been on for about 4 years , while being on the medicine I began to abuse it , I am finally now cutting down on my dosages each week to get off of it completely and I know it’s what I need to do , but I have been struggling so bad I’m so lonely I can’t look in the mirror right now because I just feel so disgusted with myself and the way I look . When my depression gets bad like this I develop somewhat of an eating disorder which doesn’t help & I just lose more weight from the combination of the two & im just at my end I don’t know what to do anymore ?

Beginning of the discussion - 9/26/20

Posted on

Hello πŸ‘‹ and welcome! You are not alone!  You have come to the right place.  We all have empathy for you.

Talking and writing about what you’re experiencing is very healthy and productive.  Please continue to share.

Deb

Posted on
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry you feel this way. Can I ask you what kind of medicine you are having to stop taking? Is it a benzo? If so, I hadto do the same thing and it was worth it. My mind is much clearer now. So hang in there, it takes time. By

Posted on

Dear Camsss,

I am sorry that you are struggling with your depression. I too haves lived with it for most of my life. It is hell!

I used to take 24 psych meds and several months ago I received ECT treatments and now I only take 4 psych meds. I am also getting TMS treatments. It is 80 percent successful and I’m starting to feel some relief. I am a Christian and have found that prayer and listening to Bible based sermons on Netflix has also helped!

I pray for everyone on this site and pray you each start to have some relief. Hang in there and reach out to anyone in your life that cares about you

God bless you all!  David

Posted on

@tlester451 yes it is a benzo so I’m having a rough time but I’m on .25 all the way from 2mg so I’ve come a long way I’m almost completely off of it thank you all for your kind words ❀️

Posted on
You're welcome. Congratulations, you're almost there.

Posted on

Hello there, 1st time posting. I'm not currently working but I have been applying. I've had a phone interview last week and passed on the face to face interview. I know I need/want to work but I'm scared to get out of the house.