Depression with other health issues

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Autism Spectrum Disorder

2 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

I am dealing with serious depression brought on by health issues and living situation. Looking for someone who will listen.

Beginning of the discussion - 9/18/20

Posted on

A little more. I lost my job in March due to the virus.  I was sick the beginning of the year with what was likely the virus. I really never fully recovered. I moved in with my mom and step dad.  As time went on, my health worsened. I let it go way too long due to no insurance and was more dead than alive when I finally went to the hospital. I spent 3 weeks in the hospital.  Since returning home, I basically have done little but read and watch tv. With PT I have gained some strength back. The problem is, other than going to the hospital for PT and to see a counselor, I basically am stuck at home as no car so have to beg step dad for a ride. I see the hospital workers, my brothers on occasion, and the home health aide that gives me a shower. I cry a lot as just want to get back to a normal life.

Posted on

@Shannonb Hi Shannonb, thank you for sharing your story with us. I'm sorry you're going through all that, especially in these difficult and stressful times. We have a space in our depression group that's dedicated to listening, I'll link it here:

Need someone to talk to/Listen to others

Feel free to share your story there, I'm sure our members will be able to share some kind words of support. emoticon cute

Take care,
Courtney