Borderline Personality Disorder: Any advice on medication?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Autism Spectrum Disorder

2 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

TRIGGER WARNING: Meds, self harm, venting maybe searching for opinions
So my doctor prescribed me meds for my bpd like months ago but, i haven't started them yet mostly cause I'm to afraid, I've had bad experiences with meds before, one messed my head up so that I started self harming and it's taken me 15 years to get it under control, I'm proud to say I'm a year and 8 months clean, it's also how long I've been med free,
Even though I'm more self aware off meds, my anxiety and emotional rollercoasters r horrible, and with this virus now it's made my bpd alot worse almost unbearable, I've noticed that my episodes have gone from lasting no more then 2 weeks to now 3 or 4 weeks, so I'm considering starting the meds but I don't want all my hard work to be for nothing, i tried talking to my doctor she's no help

Beginning of the discussion - 5/20/20

• Community manager
Posted on

@Glitterbear93 Hi Glitterbear93, thank you for starting this discussion. Congrats on 8 months, that's wonderful to hear! I'm sorry your doctor isn't being helpful or supportive, but the community on here is here for you! Let me tag some members who can maybe share their experiences and advice.

Hi everyone, I hope you're doing well! Can you share your experience with medications for your BPD? Did you find that they helped you or that they worsened your state of mind? Have you noticed that your BPD has changed during this pandemic? Please feel free to share here!

@shannonwebb74@angelcatrom@sadangelflygirl@savigirl14@NaReyes@Kristaclare@AutisticElephant324@LyndaL@Byzantium1963@Eastonparker@Spazoid13@Sunflowerowlgalaxy@NanGram@DazzleDarkness‍ 

Take care,

Courtney

Posted on

Effixor helps my depression, buspar for anxiety

Most commented discussions