Asthma: Shortness of breath after eating

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/asthma.jpg

Patients Asthma

2 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

I've noticed that whenever I eat, especially a big meal, that it becomes hard for me to breathe. Has anyone else had this? I thought it was just a side effect of the holidays with all the food, but I'm still having it weeks later.

Beginning of the discussion - 1/26/22

• Community manager
Posted on

Hi @rodrig_o94, thank you for opening this discussion! Let me tag some other members who can possibly share with you.

Hi everyone, how are you today? Have any of you experienced what rodrig_o94 describes? Is it something that happens often or just occasionally? Have you asked your doctor about it? How do you manage it?

@McCord@COASTALCHIX@xLadyKarma94@ooppllmmnnjjhhbb@Kmannin76@getalife@MSlupuswarrior@Nanasaucedo@asthma55@SherryAG@nutterbutter@Gopshinsky@Cr0ssr0ad@LinnieHillger@Gramama@cindymayer527

Take care,

Courtney

Posted on

I get that way at times. I am thinking it is because perhaps things shift up and push on the lungs.? I have found if I cut portions and don't eat as much, it doesn't happen as often. (Please note, I am a nurse not a doctor, I just know what I have noticed and what works for me.)

Most commented discussions