https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/rheumatoid-arthritis.jpg

Patients Rheumatoid arthritis

7 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity • Community manager
Posted on

Hello. There are many  levels of treatments for RA: NSAIDs, Steroids, DMARDs, and Biologic agents, and within each level, many different options.

Please share what type of treatment you have used and/or use? 

Please discuss its success.

Any Side Effects?

Would you recommend this treatment?

I look forward to your responses.

Beginning of the discussion - 5/14/18

What treatments do you / have you used? Success? Side Effects
Member Carenity
Posted on

I am considering trying food grade hydrogen peroxide and trying to go after eating healthier to have a healthier gut. has anyone tried this?

Posted on

I looked into this. It seems to have a following based on this; however, the medical community seems to caution its use for these matters. Would be interested to hear from other members, so I am bumping this discussion.

Have you ever tried baking soda?

Member Carenity
Posted on

I just started Xeljanz XR. Having stomach problems. Going to stop taking it. Just got 90 day supply. How can I dispose of it? Anyone know?

Member Carenity
Posted on

I am currently taking methotrexate and plaquinil once a day.  Right now I am having issues with my ankle and inflammation,  just won't heal and it's hard to be around people. 

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Coco1933‍  do you have severe RA in your hands also? 

Posted on

@Elisia1969‍ 

There are collection sites in most areas by the DEA that will take unused prescriptions or expired prescriptions. You can find one closest to you by this link DEA-registered collectors.

Here is more information by the FDA on proper disposal if there is no DEA-registered collector in your area.

Member Carenity
Posted on

I don't have much issue with my hands just yet.  I have had RA and Lupus for lost 10 years.  It's been so hard to deal with.  

icon cross

Does this topic interest you?

Join the patients registered on our platform, get information on your condition or on that of your family member, and discuss it with the community

It’s free and anonymous