Welcome to the respiratory conditions group! What's your diagnosis?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Respiratory system

5 replies

Topic of the discussion

• Community manager
Posted on

Hello everyone,

I thought I'd create this discussion so we can get to know one another better! emoticon cute

In this group you can share your thoughts on respiratory conditions, how you cope with your condition in the day-to-day, how it affects you mentally, anything! If you have any questions you can also share them here!

So, let's introduce ourselves! What is your respiratory diagnosis? How long have you had it? How are you doing today?
@MayorG45@JessPotato@paulah@Mclaugj@Bearguy@Ledae4@esousek97@Virgo76@tonimarshall29@BrerRabbit@Mamawzoo@Flamingo3@snowdove102@Sandywood@Berry12@Jessica45qt@Mimi62@waco48@Sxynsmrt@Granni‍ 

Let's get the conversation started! emoticon bashful

Take care,
Courtney

Beginning of the discussion - 2/22/21

Posted on

I have COPD; have problem breathing; on oxygen 24/7

Posted on

I have COPD with emphysema and mixed sleep apnea . Was diagnosed in 2016 for the COPD and yesterday with the OSA

Posted on

I have COPD and I’m on oxygen 24/7

Posted on

I have lived with the diagnosis of COPD for the past 6 or so years now (stupidly smoked cigarettes for 61+ years before I quit, at least a pack a day but often up to two a day). I'm on a prescription inhaler, Spiriva, for the emphysema but sometimes I get a flare-up and the medication doesn't work as well as I would like. I told that to the nurse at my pulmonologist's office. She suggested that I might try taking an over-the-counter Bronkaid tablet when that happens because it was quite possible that I also had bronchitis, which is one of the other problems that often occurs with COPD. However, she absolutely insisted that I also I speak to the pulmonologist before I tried it. So, I asked him about it, he said that it couldn't hurt, and that some of his other patients have had success with it. So, when the Spiriva doesn't do the job within an hour I take a Bronkaid; it works. By the way, I take the medication at bedtime so I can sleep. During the day if I have a problem I do breathing exercises, some given to me by the pulmonologist and others that I've devised myself - problem resolved. 

Posted on

I have pulmonary hypertension, Asthma and COPD(according to one doctor). I’ve had asthma since I was 3 and the rest since February 2020. I am on oxygen at night and during the day when moving around. “If your feet are moving then you need to have the oxygen on”, my pulmonologist said.