Members are also commenting on...

I made the decision to have my proste removed and it was not an easy time... just as hard as finding out you had prostate cancer... I was advised by my doctors the surgery was the best option because of my age and the harmful affects of radiation longterm. For me, once I made the decision, I did have the peace of mind knowing that the actual cancer was "removed" instead of just treated... which, I guess, did give me some sense of comfort.

The biggest issue for me once the surgery was done and I was on the road to recovering was the effects it had on me emotionally/psychologically, which many people in my opinion overlook. I encourage anyone and everyone, when diagnosed with prostate cancer, before and after treatment and during, to seek psychological help... there is nothing wrong with it. Medications, counseling, and just talking about your feelings can help tremendously. Do not hold it all in and try to battle the anxiety and depression because this diagnosis will affect you, no matter how strong you may consider yourself to be.

The sexual effects treatment has on you will also affect you mentally, because your sexual ability and ability to have kids will likely be affected. Your performance ability can be likely fixed, but it can still affect you mentaly. Take care of yourself.

See the best comment

I made the decision to have my proste removed and it was not an easy time... just as hard as finding out you had prostate cancer... I was advised by my doctors the surgery was the best option because of my age and the harmful affects of radiation longterm. For me, once I made the decision, I did have the peace of mind knowing that the actual cancer was "removed" instead of just treated... which, I guess, did give me some sense of comfort.

The biggest issue for me once the surgery was done and I was on the road to recovering was the effects it had on me emotionally/psychologically, which many people in my opinion overlook. I encourage anyone and everyone, when diagnosed with prostate cancer, before and after treatment and during, to seek psychological help... there is nothing wrong with it. Medications, counseling, and just talking about your feelings can help tremendously. Do not hold it all in and try to battle the anxiety and depression because this diagnosis will affect you, no matter how strong you may consider yourself to be.

The sexual effects treatment has on you will also affect you mentally, because your sexual ability and ability to have kids will likely be affected. Your performance ability can be likely fixed, but it can still affect you mentaly. Take care of yourself.

See the best comment