/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Nutrition / Metabolism / Endocrine glands

3 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity
Posted on

Hi everyone, 

I originally joined this site to find help for my sister and get a better understanding of her condition... However, I decided to also use this for me.

I am moderately obese. I am 5'4" and now 200 pounds. I have lost about 12 pounds since deciding to start attacking my weight. I have been mainly doing exercise and changed my eating habits... eating 6 meals a day (small meals) to boost my metabolism and eating in a caloric deficit. My metabolism was dead because to loose weight, I was forcing myself to not eat, but my trainer explained to me I need to boost my metabolism by eating small meals and at first, I was hesistant, but I trusted her and it has worked! 

However, I am struggling and have been for a while, with my confidence... I guess stemming from me being overweight, especially now that I am attacking it and allowing myself to understand it is a problem, that it is affecting my confidence even more.

Just looking for someone to talk to through this journey. 

Thank you for reading.

Beginning of the discussion - 2/26/19

Confidence and obesity.
Member Carenity
Posted on

Hello,

I haven't suffered from obesity myself but I wish you the best on your journey. 

Confidence and obesity.
Member Carenity • Community manager
Posted on

@Hidden username Thank you for your courage and glad you are also experiencing Carenity to find support in your condition as well.

Also, congrats on the progress you have already made and it sounds like you are on the right track... that is great! It takes a lot of courage and will to take one's health into their control and combat unhealthy decisions / lifestyle choices, so I commend you and hope you can see your strength already.

I hope you continue to find more confidence, as you should. I do not have obesity, so I am not able to speak with personal experience, but I have gone through various failed surgeries, scars, and deal with pain daily... so in that sense, try not to let your body guide your confidence, but your strength and willpower and all that you have to offer to the world: mentally, socially, etc.

I wish you continued success and urge you to keep us updated with your progress. Carenity is rooting for you and we are all in our corner.

Confidence and obesity.
Member Carenity
Posted on

Thank you both for the kind words and encouragement. It seems that now that I have decided to take a positive action against my diet and no longer look at myself as "beautiful" despite my weight... which I still believe, but I am just no longer "acting" immune to the idea that it is unhealthy... since making this mental change, I have become less and less confident?