Deciding on the type of bariatric surgery: gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy, gastric band.... Share experiences, advice, and recommendations

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/obesity.jpg

Patients Obesity

2 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity • Community manager
Posted on

Three common bariatric surgical procedures used for weight loss in individuals who are overweight or obese are gastric bypass, mini  gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy, and the gastric band.

Each surgery has its pros and cons and certain procedures are often recommended by medical practicioners over others for certain individuals because of risks, contraindications, age, etc.

Here, discuss what surgery you had? Did you consider other possible surgical options? What led you to electing that particular surgery? And anything else related to choosing a Bariatric Surgery Option.

Beginning of the discussion - 2/26/19

Deciding on the type of bariatric surgery: gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy, gastric band.... Share experiences, advice, and recommendations
Member Carenity
Posted on

I have high cholesterol and am moderately obese; however, I have not had any type of surgery.

I have been considering the Sleeve gastrectomy surgery to reduce my stomach size. Has anyone had any success or experiences with this?

I have heard the stomach can re-strech to the original size, however, that it was pre-surgery.

I am trying to accomplish everything by myself with diet and exercise, but it is difficuct. I do not want to take the easy way out... but, if it can help I Am interested.

Member Carenity • Community manager
Posted on

Hello members, this will be an interesting discussion and place for members to come to for information, experience, and pros and cons of the various operations used to assist in treating obesity. 

Feel free to share your experiences and opinions and continue the discussion... remember, the success and progress of Carenity is from its members.

@Hidden username@Hidden username‍ ‍ @Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username‍