How do I restart my weight-loss journey?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/obesity.jpg

Patients Obesity

3 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hi everyone,

I haven't been on in probably almost a year... I had some family drama that really did a number on me emotionally and it caused me to fall of the weigh-loss wagon. I was doing well around this time last year, but now I've regained all the weight I'd lost plus some... I'm embarassed and a little ashamed...

I guess what I wanted to ask is what do y'all do when you fall off the wagon? How do you find the motivation to start up again and keep going? I need some help here and my family is no help as they're basically worse off than I am.

Missy

Beginning of the discussion - 3/25/20

Posted on

@mysister‍ Hello Missy, I think we've all been in your shoes at some point. There's no reason to be ashamed, it happens to everyone, regardless of their size. I think it's important to be kind to yourself. Don't beat yourself up about it. I motivate myself by reminding myself that I'm doing this for me and no one else. I'm not trying to impress anyone, I'm just trying to help myself feel better physically and mentally. 

• Community manager
Posted on

@mysister @clarence1954 Hello mysister and clarence1954, thank you for creating and participating in this discussion! Congratulations on finding the motivation to stay active! There is no shame in needing to start over, getting a handle on your health is a long and difficult journey filled with ups and downs, regardless of where you start and the number on the scale!

Hello all, how are you today? How has your weight-loss journey been so far? What do you do to find motivation? Have you had to change your routine with the pandemic and lockdown? Do you have any tips or tricks to share with us? Feel free to share here, we're all here to help and support one another!

@KhushiPatel@blunderwhere@Meerkat8317@Aimjaksn39@csgilmore068@Kaminoyousha@Ajensen123‍ 

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

@mysister Hey, it's like the saying about riding a horse or whatever, you just get up and try again! No big deal. Everybody has moments where they have to put other things first. You just got to remind yourself when you get through the tough moment that you're doing it for yourself and that you're going to feel better. Don't do it for others, do it for you.