Multiple myeloma Forum

•  370 members
  •  183 discussions

Do you, or someone close, to you have myeloma multiple? Join the Carenity community! Our members will be able to give you advice, share their treatment experiences and support you on a daily basis.

Medical fact sheet

Multiple myeloma

I completely understand as I don’t have anyone to talk to also. I’m a widow & I live alone. My oldest son died in 2021 & my youngest son & his family live 3 hours. My father is dead & my mother has chronic back pain & is immobile. My younger sister lives with our mother & she is going through a divorce from her husband who abandoned her. My sister doesn’t visit me, help me, call me & rarely texts me. I have various cousins, a niece & nephew that are spread out in nearby states but are hours away from me. After I told my friends I had cancer, they quit contacting me. I have learned how to be my own care giver. It has been very difficult. I’ll admit I’ve been depressed, cried a lot, felt sorry for myself but I never gave up. I prayed & read my Bible everyday. Then I found cancer groups online like this one where I could share what I was going through & got empathetic responses. That really kept me going. I hope you find someone to talk to but I highly recommend the online cancer chat groups.

See the best comment

I have also battled depression long before getting cancer. I was on antidepressants for many years that did help tremendously, but you have to find the “one” that works for you. I lost my husband in 2015 unexpectedly and it truly turned my world upside down and inside out. I’ve never been the same.

I was diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic cervical cancer in 2018. Needless to say, dealing with this without my partner, has been UNBELIEVABLE HARD!! I have amazing grown kids (youngest is 19 in few days) and 10 beautiful grandkids. They definitely help keep me going & I love Jesus and He definitely is my strength when I just feel I can’t go on anymore!! Sometimes I want to throw my hands up and give up this fight. The chemo, the endless radiation, the pain, nausea, diarrhea, constipation, anxiety… the list goes on and on…. But, I do feel like I’m still here for a purpose & I love helping others! I want to be a light to anyone I can be. I want to help pray with others & for others because I’ve personally experienced the power of prayer!!! I want to listen, to give a smile or a hug, maybe just an encouraging word… life is TOUGH. We ALL have our battles but when I’m at my lowest, I’m always reminded of what I DO have to be thankful for! All the many reasons I need to keep battling this horrible condition… I too love music and believe it’s very therapeutic. I will crank up the praise music or some dance songs or whatever I’m in the mood for at that time. I open up the blinds and let light in. I try to do everything I can to NOT allow the depression and darkness to overtake me! I go to Jesus and lay it all at His feet with tears pouring onto my cheeks… I cry out to my love that is no longer here on earth, to my mom who’s also gone… I make myself pick up the phone and send a message to my bff who prays for and with me. Most of the time I don’t “feel” like doing these things, but I make myself because I HAVE TO! Our emotions and feelings are so important during our fight- without the positivity, the hope, the light, I personally know I cannot win this!!! And I also know I’m not alone- I have all you amazing fighters, warriors to help me!!!

Don't give in, don’t give up before YOUR MIRACLE HAPPENS!!!! 🥰❤️🙏🏼

See the best comment

Give your opinion