Injectable form of PrEP found to be effective in HIV study!

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients HIV/AIDS

2 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hi all, I got this notification earlier this week in my Google Alerts and I thought it might be interesting to talk about on here. Apparently HPTN (HIV Prevention Trials Network) just came out with the results of a study they did on the effectiveness of an injectable form of PrEP taken every two months vs. the traditional daily oral kind and apparently it was shown to be just as effective if not more!

https://www.hptn.org/research/studies/hptn083

I thought this was really great news because it could be a) way more convenient and then b) more private for people who aren't open about their status. I think it'll be a while until something like this is approved or hits the market but still it's great news and progress! What do you all think?

Beginning of the discussion - 6/10/20

Posted on

@healthyme Hello healthyme, thank you for starting this discussion and sharing this exciting news!

Hello everyone, how are you today? emoticon bashful What do you think about the study results? What do you think it means for the future of HIV treatment? Would you be interested in a two-month injectable form of PrEP? Feel free to share your thoughts.
@Dennisps@Markwills@musaasir@mebur79@sambenje14@randy362@Forson@tuisusw0@taburbury@Stephanie91@chepkenay@Adamarap@evetsf@Stevens001@husseinsk@zhouyihaopipi@rainbowharold‍ 

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

@healthyme @Courtney_J Wow this is great news! It's encouraging to know that progress is still being made despite the shit we're living through. This brings me a lot of hope. One step closer to a complete cure!