Is type 2 diabetes reversible?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Diabetes (Type 2)

4 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

I don't want to live with this disease for the rest of my life.  I'm 52 years old and I have 3 wonderful grandchildren.  I want to be around for them.  So a friend of mine suggested reading the Diabetic Code by Dr. Fung.  I am excited to start implementing his tips that way I can get off of the diabetic medicine and hopefully be diabetic free.  I watched his video on youtube.  Here is a link to watch.  https://shrinke.me/OxXBN

If you watch the video, what  are your thoughts?  Do you think we can actually reverse diabetes or do you think I am just wasting my time?

Beginning of the discussion - 12/15/20

Posted on

@karmiko Hello karmiko, thank you for opening this discussion. Let me tag some other members so they can weigh in!

Hi everyone, how are you doing? What do you think? Can diabetes be prevented or reversed naturally? Has any particular diet helped improve your diabetes?
@Bobcat51992@Lylinzo@Raeshone@Starla@Joseph66@barbaramahoney6@Chewysmom@robinc418@Seanf1@yvonnesainz1@Cynthetic@kimcambareri@CarolJR@cjlcjlcjl@prjorgelisboa@Lnbckr@Nana0215‍ 

Just a general reminder to all, make sure to check with your doctor before starting any diet or treatment so they can determine if it's a good fit for you! emoticon cute

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

@karmiko I haven't hear of the Diabetes Code but it sounds interesting. From what I've understood over the years, diabetes isn't curable or entirely reversible, but you can get to a point where you can control it without insulin or other meds. But I think it's hard to do, because it requires being really strict with yourself which goes a bit against our nature as humans, lol. It can be easy to make a lot of changes in your diet and habits in a short span of time, only to eventually let them slide and kind of regain what you've lost. But I don't know for sure, obviously, that"s just what I've heard.

Has anyone on here gotten to a point where you don't need insulin or other meds anymore?

Posted on

I've always been told or read the same information that Cristonale mentioned.  My maternal grandmother and my mother were both diabetics and it was life long, 1 on insulin, 1 on neither.  I take oral med only.  It's said that we can control it, sometimes reach a point where we can cut meds down, but I've never heard of anyone totally reversing it.  It would be very hard to do, as Cristonale said.  I guess we need to be grateful there are courses of treatment that do as much as they do.  Good luck and be careful.  

Posted on

Thank you all for your feedback.  I know it's going to be tough but I really have to buckle down and remember that it's a lifestyle change and not on another diet.  I'm just scared because I am on insulin and my doctor tells me my last blood work didn't look good for my kidney function.  I just hope from what I've been reading in the book is true and I can at least get off insulin.

Most commented discussions