Depression And loneliness

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/depression.jpg

Patients Depression

2 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

I feel lonely and sad at times. Was with my spouse for almost three years and all the sudden he decided to talk to his  co-workers wife and ended up leaving me for her. I asked myself what is wrong with me. What did i do wrong? Hard for me to overcome this feeling of depression i have. Makes me feel like i’m not worth anything.  At times i feel like i would be better off gone. I just need to know what would help to overcome it without medications. 

Beginning of the discussion - 12/20/19

Posted on

Hi, I'm new here but came across your post. Your spouse leaving you for another woman says more about your spouse than you. I've been your spouse (I'm not happy about it, but it was something I am guilty of), and I was selfish and completely wrong. My husband did nothing wrong. You did nothing wrong. You are worth it. Because I feel so guilty for my actions, I feel like I'm better off gone too. But people make bad mistakes and bad decisions. Your spouse might not realize it yet, but in the future he will. But it really shouldn't matter what he thinks. It's all about you. You need to find something to put your energy into and shift your thoughts from the past to the future.

Maybe a support group in your local area would help. Infidelity groups maybe? I never tried it, but know they exist somewhere. Sorry I don't have more advice and I hope my response came across caring. I am learning to be a more supportive person.

Posted on

U are the better person and sounds like you will be better off without him. I understand its hard and hurts but it's not your fault they are a jackass for doing this to you. I think it would be helpful to talk to a counselor or a close friend that can understand and maybe give you some advice on how to cope and how to keep ur spirits up. Not saying its easy but I believe you can do it and overcome this hard part of your life.  Hope u made sence I'm alittle anxious so the info is kinda all coming out at once. Good luck and I'm here if u want to blow off steam or chat