Does your depression ever make you feel broken?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/depression.jpg

Patients Depression

12 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

I am so broken and alone and I dont want to survive.

Beginning of the discussion - 11/29/21

Posted on

How do you get adopted as an adult because I have no one

• Community manager
Posted on

Hi @Asedawg89‍, thank you for sharing what you've been going through. I'm sorry to hear you feel  this way.  Please know that you're not alone. If ever those feelings get to be too much to handle, please don't hesitate to reach out for help. Here's a number that you can call to talk to someone right away: 1-800-273-8255, or if you don't feel comfortable talking over the phone, you can text HOME to 741741.

Can anyone else relate to this? Has your depression every made you feel like you were "broken"? How do you manage those feelings?
@AshleaH@azayed28@Hillbilly34@smokeykazoo@bri_429@coqui531@Prettyblakk30@KevinG@Mollyolly@hallie_arbic@mithrandir@sweeringakward@Snoopy1dan@Yasmeen@veronica.rose.728@LiterallyVenus@Hopelove8‍ 

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

Absolutely. I haven’t really managed my feelings 

Posted on

I often feel broken.  It is one of the insidious parts of depression.  Reality and my self-talk may not jibe at all. 
And, of course, reality whispers while my brain shouts. 

Posted on

Final dagger.  Nothing left. Zero hope.

Posted on

I often feel broken too. I don't always handle my emotions as well as I'd like to think I can. But I do have to remind myself that my record for finding a way to make it through the broken days is 100%. That's a record I'll keep up. That's one thing I use to get me through. And the fact I have a little Pug that I'm 100% responsible for her quality of life and I can't neglect her. Especially when her love and devotion to me are unconditional. I use my dog to keep me functional, and thankfully for me it works most of the time. Becoming med compliant has made a difference too. My Dr. and I have found a combination of meds that is helping quite a bit now. I still have too many times when I fall apart at the seams. I hope you can find that one motivator that makes you survive. Prayers.

Posted on

Yeah I know how you feel I am really feeling like I am looking for something and have no idea what it is. And wondering how someone could have kids and never love them

Posted on

so most people are scared of death but lately I find myself waiting for it

Posted on

What is wrong with me I can’t even get someone to talk to me here I am so messed up

Most commented discussions