Going sober to help my depression

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/depression.jpg

Patients Depression

2 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hi everyone! I have struggled with depression all of my life. Affecting my motivation, family, and myself. I am quitting alcohol, which is a major depresaant. It's not easy. I take 2 different kinds of medicine for depression, and if I dont take them, I can really tell it. The alcohol allowed me to numb the pain for awhile, but then I had to sober up. I notice that I'm always feeling like I need something more to be content. Can you relate?Anyway, I am just rambling, but that helps me feel better. I'm glad to be here.

Beginning of the discussion - 7/21/20

• Community manager
Posted on

@dlowens777 Hi dlowens777, thank you for sharing your story with us! Congratulations on your sober journey. How are you feeling since you've quit?

Hi everyone, I hope you don't mind that I've tagged you. Have you ever given up a substance like alcohol, or any other kind of habit to help you depression? Has it worked for you? Do you have any advice to share?
@Sierraemily10@Lizcullen73@TimInLA@Ashleygator3@Zzuser091756@Lovely101@Kaori16@Ryanneff@Minicutie@Lilly22@Wickedringer311@sophied60@selinamarie@halelibau@Kilbyy@ltrimm87@Tagalina21‍ 

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

Hi Coutney! It has been different. Anxious, nervous, agitated, wondering what am I going to do without it. But sharing and support has helped me. It's one day at a time. Thanks for response. 

Most commented discussions