Stelara (ustekinumab) vs. Entyvio (vedolizumab) for Crohn's

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/crohns-disease.jpg

Patients Crohn's disease

2 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hello I am pretty new here. I am 29 and was diagnosed at 9. I have been on many medications. I also have had surgery about 3 year ago. Now my doctor gave me the choice between Stelara and Entyvio. I am just asking opinions on what some of you think is best. Any suggestions help thank you so much for any input. I'm just hoping to feel normal soon it has been extremely hard lately. 

Beginning of the discussion - 2/17/21

• Community manager
Posted on

Hi @Kgurschick‍, thank you for opening this discussion. Let me tag some other members who can possibly share their thoughts with you. emoticon cute

Hello everyone, have any of you been prescribed Stelara (ustekinumab) or Entyvio (vedolizumab) for your Crohn's? Were either of them effective for you? Did you have any side effects? Can you share any advice with @Kgurschick‍?
@CyndieB@DeborahS7@Donnat@ktaylor451@allisonbrz23@harrysstyle@ophia921@kaitlin.engels@Marnie310@MonicaH@Silvia@Kmking3507@Suze123@Linscola@Klinesmommy@Brentandrea@Debsue53‍ 

Feel free to share here!

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

@Kgurschick Ah I'm sorry I missed this when you posted! I was on Stelara for probably at least a year and it worked well for me most of the time. I don't remember having any particular side effects or anything. I recently switched to Humira because I was still having flares with Stelara. My doctor told me that something like 50% of patients respond well to Stelara, so it's a solid choice. I haven't been on Entyvio myself so I can't personally speak to that one. 

Most commented discussions