Do you ever have side effects from the steroids prescribed for Crohn's?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/crohns-disease.jpg

Patients Crohn's disease

5 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

I'm taking Entocort for a flare . Also had my third Entyvio Infusion this week.Does anyone get cramps and a "tight" uncomfortable feeling from the steroids? I started to decrease the dose.

Beginning of the discussion - 12/1/20

Posted on

Hello NurseSea, thank you for opening this discussion. I've moved it to our group dedicated to treatments and medications for Crohn's disease for more visibility. emoticon cute Let me tag some other members who can possibly share their experience with steroids.

Hi everyone, how are you today? Have you ever experienced uncomfortable side effects from the steroid prescribed as treatment for your Crohn's? If so, how did you deal with it? Did you change your dosage?
@maggieangel@Writergirl82@JitteryOwl@Hellotoall@fames35@cmblue74@karenrose@Bwebs28@Sheli70@Dmschleis@BarbaraP@Taebaby‍ @olmste2@LindyWh@Marymorrison@sarameamom@Edkelly‍ 

Feel free to share here!

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

I've experienced insomnia, increased anxiety, high blood sugars and fatigue.  

I didn't stop my medication or adjust because the benefits were out weighting the side effects. 

I did start meditation in the evening and a warm bath to relax. I used exfoliating body/face wash and took naps when needed. 

Posted on

I've experienced insomnia, increased anxiety, high blood sugars and fatigue.  

I didn't stop my medication or adjust because the benefits were out weighting the side effects. 

I did start meditation in the evening and a warm bath to relax. I used exfoliating body/face wash and took naps when needed. 

Posted on

I had a hip replacement and now ive had teeth extractions because of the meds i took. I had hives from a couple meds previously. 

Posted on

Not sure which meds you are referring to ?

Most commented discussions