Is olanzapine effective for bipolar disorder?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/bipolar-disorder.jpg

Patients Bipolar disorder

4 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hi, my doctor wants to put me on Olanzapine for my bipolar disorder but I was hoping here from people on here if it's a good choice. I heard that it's not good to mix with alcohol. Are there any other side effects or risks I should know about? Can you share with me please? Thanks

Beginning of the discussion - 9/30/21

• Community manager
Posted on

Hello @magicpamela‍, thank you for opening this discussion! Let me tag some other members who can possibly share their experience with you!

Hi everyone, how are you doing?

For those of you who have been on olanzapine, can you share you experience with it? Has it been effective for you? Have you had any side effects with it? Is there anything @magicpamela‍  should know?
@Danaspin@darkhigh3459@Kat1986@Gladue1210@Rayosunshine77@Chelseamj22@WarrenB@BeAngie21@xLadyKarma94@Headwreck@myojoy@Shimmer5@Stefaniereed@paulsarahwin@BunnyM@Ninnyfurr74@Dbrown071284‍  

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

I’m sorry, I have never been on olanzapine.

Posted on

No experience.

Posted on

Zyprexa is a  major weight gainer that has a black box warning.  I was force fed that in the hospital. I needed it there because a psych ward of a hospital is a major agitator .  Noise is a trigger for me.  Try to escape it there. I ask to be in the quiet room just to get away from people.

Most commented discussions