Singulair for asthma: Effectiveness, side effects?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/asthma.jpg

Patients Asthma

2 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Has anyone tried Singulair for their asthma? Does it work? I heard that it can cause suicidal thoughts and other mental health issues when used over time...

Beginning of the discussion - 2/4/22

• Community manager
Posted on

Hi @seattlelife, thank you for sharing your question. Let me tag some other members who can possibly share with you.

Hi everyone, how are you doing?

Have any of you been prescribed Singulair ( or generic montelukast)? Does it help your asthma? Have you noticed any side effects (physical, sleep-related, mental health-related) since you've been on it? Would you recommended it to others?

@McCord @COASTALCHIX @xLadyKarma94 @ooppllmmnnjjhhbb @Kmannin76 @getalife @MSlupuswarrior @Nanasaucedo @asthma55 @Gopshinsky @SherryAG @nutterbutter @LinnieHillger @Cr0ssr0ad @Gramama

Take care,

Courtney

Posted on

Good afternoon. I have taken Singular for my asthma before when I had bronchitis and needed help to calm down my asthma flare-up that the bronchitis caused. I took it for 2 weeks without any issues. Had Claritin in the morning and the Singular at night and it work very well. I have not taken it for longer than 2 weeks at a time but I did not have any side effects or issues with it. I would talk to your doctor about your concerns. (I am a nurse but don't know all the ins and outs of it. Just know it works for me without problem.

Most commented discussions