Does your asthma get worse while wearing a mask? How to cope with it?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/asthma.jpg

Patients Asthma

Posted on

@Letvelsal56 No, you're not alone. It's hard. For me it's easier to wear the blue disposable masks you see around. They're lighter and easier to breathe through that fabric masks or homemade ones. I'm usually ok wearing them for what I need to do in the day, but if I feel an attack coming on I make sure to get out away from people in an open space and I take it off. I'm usually ok, though. I know how important it is for us to protect ourselves and one another so I try to power through. :)

• Community manager
Posted on

@asth89 Hello asthm89, thank you for sharing the tip! emoticon bashful

Hi all, how have you been coping with wearing a mask? Are you able to handle it? Do you use an exemption card? Do you have any mask tips or tricks to share with us?
@paulajeanhilton1@suebeenyc@Cclevesy@BreathelessGirl72@Marge59!@dawnposkie@Jhall705@dixied@MandyHiggins0620@LADYFUNA@avamaria@BellaS@lintonkbj05@countrybutterfly75‍ 

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

@asth89 Huh, I'll have to try to get my hands on some of those. I've been wearing homemade ones and I agree sometimes they can be too thick and make it hard to breath. I haven't tried to get an exemption card because there's been so many people in the news pretending they have breathing problems to not wear one and I don't want people to think I'm one of those. 

Most commented discussions