Baking Soda to manage RA symptoms

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/rheumatoid-arthritis.jpg

Patients Rheumatoid arthritis

4 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

There has been recent news on Baking Soda being beneficial for autoimmune disorders - specificaly RA.

The Journal of Immunology medical journal published a study, which concluded that drinking water mixed with baking soda could possibly reduce someone’s chances of getting illnesses such as RA and lupus. 

The researchers noted a shift from autoimmune and inflammatory actions to anti-inflammatory ones in the stomach, spleen, kidney, and peripheral blood.

Has anyone tried baking soda? Any effects? Did you start after you already had RA? How progressed was your RA?

Beginning of the discussion - 11/29/18

Posted on

Hey @achy38‍ I have never tried this, but I did do some quick research on it. Sounds interesting and baking soda is safe for human consumption. I may give it a try... what the heck, can't hurt. I will let you know of any positive results.

Posted on

I am literally wanting anything to stop pain! Has anyone tried this with success? What the heck, I am going to try it, but would to hear from others.

Posted on

I'm going to try it too!

Posted on

Well I gave it a try and by the third day I just couldn't stand the taste anymore so I quit. 

Most commented discussions