https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/rheumatoid-arthritis.jpg

Patients Rheumatoid arthritis

7 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity
Posted on

I have chronic pain in my feet and swollen. Anyone else?

Does anyone have any treatment recommendations?

Beginning of the discussion - 9/18/18

Chronic foot pain from r.a.

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username‍ hi!

Is the pain you are talking about the RA pain: stiffness and pain, especially when moving/waking up? or is something different than the RA pain?

When do you experience the pain?

One thing that has helped me in general with pain is kratom, but kratom does NOT do anything, from my knowledge, on halting the progession of RA or the inflammation aspect. I have hear others have had success with CBD oil.

Member Carenity
Posted on

Hello,

have you ever tried a parrafin bath? I use the Revlon one (link here to Amazon) and it just makes my feet and hands feel good when I use it.  Just if your feet are bigger than say size 7 shoe, you may need a larger parrafin bath.

But, I agree with @Hidden username‍. Knowing a little bit more about your pain may help. 

Member Carenity
Posted on

I can not move my toes, swelling very bad. It feels like my skin is stretching over the toes. Stabbing pain also. 

I have never tried paraffin bath. Thanks for your respones.

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username‍ I have a parrafin bath also and it helps. It is very soothing and it helps the aches a lot. If you have chronic swelling it seems to increase the blood flow.  It also just feels good and makes it easier to move your joints.

Here are some other recommendations for heat, as paraffin wax does take time to get the wax melting. If it is real bad pain and while you are waiting for the wax to heat up you can use these water bottles: https://www.amazon.com/All-one-tech-Transparent-Classic/dp/B01LXVZZP3/ref=sr_1_1?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1503427631&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=hot%2Bwater%2Bbottle&th=1&tag=article-therapytipstamejointpain-hotwaterbottles-20 or evern like a warm electric heated towel.

However, if you have stabbing nerve pain, have you ever tried like a cryo gel, like biofreeze. It is not amazing but it does help.

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username‍ the paraffin wax will defnitely help with motion; so if you say you can't move your toes, definitely try the paraffin wax bath.

Member Carenity
Posted on

I would also recommend Pentrex. It is a rub. It does offer a soothing feel and seems to help the pain.

Member Carenity
Posted on

My feet have become increasingly swollen and painful over the years, especialy as days go on.