RA and the COVID vaccine: What do you think?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/rheumatoid-arthritis.jpg

Patients Rheumatoid arthritis

4 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hi everyone, I was hoping to hear some of your thoughts about the COVID vaccine.

I just saw my rheumatologist the other day and he assured me that I could get the vaccine with my eyes closed. I'm on oral methotrexate currently. 

I for sure do want to get vaccinated but I expect I'm way down low on the list because of my age. Has anyone here already been vaccinated? How did it go?

Thanks!

Beginning of the discussion - 2/9/21

• Community manager
Posted on

Hello @achy38‍ , thank you for opening this discussion. emoticon bashful

Let me tag a few members here who can possibly share their thoughts with you:

Hi everyone, are you thinking of getting vaccinated against COVID-19? What do your doctors say?
@Nursenana@Yolande1970@RussSportsFan23@nancydrew88@Monimac51@Dlancrn@Steene@CatK2021@leaftheif2000@Vergeson_84@Fionad69@TuffyOneKenobi@chrissymka@Ma3casto@Lorifitts@srrmaui‍ 

Feel free to share your thoughts and advice here!

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on
My Dr says yes and I say to the vaccination

Posted on

I have no intention of getting vaccine until they figure out long term dosage. Need for multiple vaccine every yr. new strain will not be covered with this current vaccine. I am just very careful. Wear my mask if i have to go out

Posted on

O was told to take one however I’ve read articles that fda unsure of how people with weakens immunity will react I also am unsure myself as they don’t know how long this vaccine is effective for. So once more evidence is out to where I know more I will make an educated decision at that time

Most commented discussions