Ovarian Cancer - Feeling lost

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Ovarian cancer

6 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hello,

I was recently diagnosed with ovarian cancer. I will have to get surgery to have the affected areas removed and then possibly chemo.

My grandmother, great-aunt and my mother's sister all died from this and I'm terrified. I'm fortunate that it was caught early, but I'm so afraid that even after all the surgery and treatment, it's still going to come back.

How do I deal with this? What should I expect? Here I am sitting up after another sleepless night. I feel so lost and alone.

Beginning of the discussion - 1/16/20

Posted on

Hello @minnymom68 ,

Thank you for your message and I'm sorry to hear you're going through such a hard time right now. I hope some other members will shed some light on what to expect after an ovarian cancer diagnosis.

Please don't hesitate to post updates on your situation, or even if you just need to talk, the community is here for you.

Take care,

Lee

Posted on

Hi @minnymom68‍

I was diagnosed in March 2017 with ovarian cancer too.... went through surgery and a long treatment of chemo. I finished in Oct 2019. Be strong and try to stay positive, there will be days were you will feel defeated but please know things get easier and the sunshine will appear again. I got a therapist right away which has help a lot, I also did Accupunture it helped with the side effects of chemo. I also chose to keep working throughout my entire treatment, this helped keep my mind occupied and not let it go down the rabbit hole of sadness, remember it’s okay to have bad days, but don’t let them take over your life. Be strong, you too will through this! Keeps us posted. AV

Posted on

I am also diagnosing with  ovarian cancer stage 4 grade b. IAM so upset with my self. For not.  Listen to my body intuition. Something was. Wrong.   Unfortunately I went to ER  in dec.2019.  For.Stomach. bloating which later on that some of the symptom of overion.  I have  done .  Two  7 hrs  session.     Tommorow my. 3rd  session of chemo. 7 long hrs.     I didn't get to many side effect   after chemo Treatment   I lost my hair  on the first. Session Treatment  so I decided to shave my head. So if anyone hasn't shaved there yet.  U might Consider  When  your hair falls out  it more. Mental  don't worry it will grow back.  And.   If your bones in your arms n legs    hurt  few days after chemo  .  I recommend  a arthritis alcohol  to rub in ur bones       and juicing all.   Fruit's juicing  is. The best way.  To get all your vitamins. Ur body  needs after Chemo  this. Community is awesome  For advice and. Support. And I will   update    what  My oncologist. Say.  If these. Treatment   is working. Sending. Prayer and  positive vibes  and for those. Who need  Comfort Listen to  healing music.   Hope everyone.  Stay  Well     

Posted on

Hello @babydoll75 ,

Thank you for your comment and we're rooting for you. Please don't hesitate to post updates from time to time on your condition so we know how you're doing.

Take care,

Lee

Posted on

@Azucena Hello Azucena,

Thank you for sharing your experience and your encouraging words. I hope life is treating you well.

Take care,

Lee

Posted on

@minnymom68 I completely understand this. I felt really unsupported and alone all throughout my experience. I know when you posted this you were at the beginning of your treatment, I hope it went well for you and that you found the support and advice you needed!

Most commented discussions