Logo Carenity
Logo Carenity
Join now! Log in
flag us
flag fr flag en flag es flag de flag it
Home

Forums

Latest discussions
General discussions
See all - Forum index from A to Z

Medications

Medications fact sheet
See all - Medication index from A to Z

Surveys

Ongoing surveys
The results of the surveys

Magazine

Our featured pieces
News
Testimonials
Nutrition
Advice
Procedures & paperwork

Conditions

Fact sheets
See all - Disease index from A to Z

About

About us
Why share your data?
The Carenity team
The ambassadors
Partner associations
Contributors
The Science and Ethics Committee
Our scientific publications
Our commitments
Certifications and awards
Carenity in the news
Editorial policy
Code of conduct and privacy policy
Legal notice
Terms of use
Cookie management
Contact
Carenity for professionals

Join now! Log in
  • Forums

    • Latest discussions
    • General discussions
    • See all - Forum index from A to Z
  • Medications

    • Medications fact sheet
    • See all - Medication index from A to Z
  • Surveys

    • Ongoing surveys
    • The results of the surveys
  • Magazine

    • Our featured pieces
    • News
    • Testimonials
    • Nutrition
    • Advice
    • Procedures & paperwork
  • Conditions

    • Fact sheets
    • See all - Disease index from A to Z
  • Home
  • Forums
  • General forums
  • Living with lupus
  • Can lupus cause hair loss? How to cope?
 Back
Living with lupus

Can lupus cause hair loss? How to cope?

  •  264 views
  •  5 times supported
  •  26 comments

avatar Brealool8

Brealool8

02/22/2019 at 1:34 AM

Good advisor

avatar Brealool8

Brealool8

Last activity on 01/10/2023 at 10:56 AM

Joined in 2018


91 comments posted | 49 in the Living with lupus group


Rewards

  • Good Advisor

  • Contributor

  • Messenger

  • Explorer

  • Friend


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

It might be the medication too. Anyway, hope you feel better :)


Follow

Other groups...

Carenity News
Feedback for Carenity
Fun and games
General Topics
Good to know
Health and Medical News
How to use Carenity
Let's talk about COVID-19
Life beyond illness
The Holiday Season
Youth patients with chronic conditions

Give your opinion

Survey

What do you think about the Carenity Forum and community?

Survey

Help shape the future of Carenity!

Survey

Become a Carenity Ambassador – Help our community thrive!

Survey

On a scale of 0 to 10, how likely are you to recommend Carenity to a friend or colleague?

All comments

Go to the last comment

avatar Prefoas821

Prefoas821

02/27/2019 at 7:41 AM

Good advisor

avatar Prefoas821

Prefoas821

Last activity on 04/15/2026 at 3:45 PM

Joined in 2018


73 comments posted | 27 in the Living with lupus group

1 of their responses was helpful to members


Rewards

  • Good Advisor

  • Contributor

  • Messenger

  • Explorer

  • Friend


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

I experienced hair thinning and minor hair loss prior to my diagnosis. Since I have been on treatment, I have not experience much hair loss, however.


Can lupus cause hair loss? How to cope? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-lupus/hair-loss-and-lupus-785 2019-02-27 07:41:48

Close all 

See the responses 

avatar Flibogoa1598

Flibogoa1598

03/18/2023 at 6:49 AM

avatar Flibogoa1598

Flibogoa1598

Last activity on 03/18/2023 at 6:48 AM

Joined in 2022


2 comments posted | 2 in the Living with lupus group


Rewards

  • Explorer


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

It might be the medication too. Anyway, hope you feel better :)



Can lupus cause hair loss? How to cope? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-lupus/hair-loss-and-lupus-785 2023-03-18 06:49:13

Hide the responses 

avatar Moafleyn60

Moafleyn60

03/05/2019 at 9:11 AM

avatar Moafleyn60

Moafleyn60

Last activity on 05/07/2025 at 5:14 AM

Joined in 2019


1 comment posted | 1 in the Living with lupus group


Rewards

  • Explorer


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

I have recently been dx. with lupus but I’ve been dealing with fibromyalgia, UCTD and graves dz. I thought the hair thinning was from the graves dz. (thyroid dz)., but I was told by my Dr that it was lupus. I’m a mess right now. I’m always fatigued and in pain. My family try’s to be supportive but it’s hard to relate to something you know nothing about. I just purchased nioxin hair treatment. I was told it would help with thinning hair and hair loss. I am starting to have problems with a rash on my face. Can someone please tell me what I can use for this.   Sincerely, Tzwifey99 

See the signature

Tzwifey99


Can lupus cause hair loss? How to cope? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-lupus/hair-loss-and-lupus-785 2019-03-05 09:11:12

avatar 9237Meysayve

9237Meysayve

03/08/2019 at 3:12 AM

Good advisor

avatar 9237Meysayve

9237Meysayve

Last activity on 11/16/2023 at 1:34 AM

Joined in 2019


155 comments posted | 31 in the Living with lupus group

2 of their responses were helpful to members


Rewards

  • Good Advisor

  • Contributor

  • Messenger

  • Explorer

  • Friend


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

@Moafleyn60‍ what medication are you on? some medications can cause hairloss also.


Can lupus cause hair loss? How to cope? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-lupus/hair-loss-and-lupus-785 2019-03-08 03:12:35
avatar exit

Unregistered member

03/14/2019 at 9:58 PM
Sorry your going through, when I was on Methotrexate or Plaquenil tgey both made me bald. Now that I'm off them my hair is growing so pretty. I know its hard,pray it gets better.Can you try a hair and nail vitamin?

Can lupus cause hair loss? How to cope? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-lupus/hair-loss-and-lupus-785 2019-03-14 21:58:44

Close all 

See the responses 

avatar Glegous35

Glegous35

09/15/2026 at 1:32 PM

Good advisor

avatar Glegous35

Glegous35

Last activity on 09/26/2026 at 6:02 AM

Joined in 2018


144 comments posted | 20 in the Living with lupus group

15 of their responses were helpful to members


Rewards

  • Good Advisor

  • Contributor

  • Messenger

  • Committed

  • Explorer

  • Friend


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

HELLO, I HOPE THIS WILL POST BECAUSE I SPEAK AT DOCTORS CONVENTIONS AND I AM WRITING A BOOK ABOUT LUPUS FROM A PATIENT'S POINT OF VIEW. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, THE FIRST OF MANY QUESTIONS: "YOU LOOK SO GOOD, HOW CAN YOU BE SO SICK"?? LISTEN TO YOUR BODY, IF YOU DON'T FEEL TIRED--LAY DOWN ANYWAY!!! THE MENTAL ABILITY HAS THE CONTROL ON THE PHYSICAL ABILITY---LAY DOWN ANYWAY!!!!! IT LIKE RECHARGING A BATTERY--IT WILL FADE OUT BUT WE NEED FOR IT NOT TO LOSE ALL THE ENERGY IT HAS LEFT. MY NAME IS MICHELE MCNEILL AND I HAVE SLE, LUPUS. IF ANYONE NEEDS ANY QUESTIONS ANSWERED--CALL ME: 909483-7386

BEST WISHES

MICHELE AKA MICKEY


Can lupus cause hair loss? How to cope? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-lupus/hair-loss-and-lupus-785 2026-09-15 13:32:26

Hide the responses 

avatar exit

Unregistered member

03/16/2019 at 11:12 PM

I been suffering with lupus for a long time some days are good and some are bad.. I have fibromyalgia,RA,I suffered 2 heart attack’s and I have 14 stents lupus has done a number on my body.. I’m always in pain and always have server chest pain it’s very hard living with lupus.. but I have a lot of support and it keeps me going 


Can lupus cause hair loss? How to cope? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-lupus/hair-loss-and-lupus-785 2019-03-16 23:12:23
avatar exit

Unregistered member

04/06/2019 at 5:14 AM

Does anyone here take Biotin supplement to deal with hair loss? Is is effective in reducing thinner hair and hair loss?

 


Can lupus cause hair loss? How to cope? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-lupus/hair-loss-and-lupus-785 2019-04-06 05:14:41

avatar Brealool8

Brealool8

04/08/2019 at 12:23 AM

Good advisor

avatar Brealool8

Brealool8

Last activity on 01/10/2023 at 10:56 AM

Joined in 2018


91 comments posted | 49 in the Living with lupus group


Rewards

  • Good Advisor

  • Contributor

  • Messenger

  • Explorer

  • Friend


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

@Hidden username Yes! It makes your hair thicker! I also am taking collagen which has been, I believe, helping also. I also make sure now that my hair products have no parabens and sulfate. My hair now thicker and growing better than before! I cannot say it is soley because of the collagen and biotin and new hair products, but it must be helping. I also am taking fish oil now.


Can lupus cause hair loss? How to cope? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-lupus/hair-loss-and-lupus-785 2019-04-08 00:23:22
avatar exit

Unregistered member

04/09/2019 at 4:28 AM

@Brealool8 thank you so much. I suffered from hair loss and fatigue because of lupus medications. Some people also recommend me Bitoin and Lupufree supplements to take, I'm hesitant between them. 


Can lupus cause hair loss? How to cope? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-lupus/hair-loss-and-lupus-785 2019-04-09 04:28:41
avatar exit

Unregistered member

04/10/2019 at 8:20 AM

my hair all of  a sudden started really fall out.  Had some blood workdone again my vitamin D level was a 9 it is suppose to be 100. so started taking vit. D things are better.but as you know lupus is different with everyone.  jolove

 

 


Can lupus cause hair loss? How to cope? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-lupus/hair-loss-and-lupus-785 2019-04-10 08:20:27

avatar Brealool8

Brealool8

12/26/2019 at 6:06 PM

Good advisor

avatar Brealool8

Brealool8

Last activity on 01/10/2023 at 10:56 AM

Joined in 2018


91 comments posted | 49 in the Living with lupus group


Rewards

  • Good Advisor

  • Contributor

  • Messenger

  • Explorer

  • Friend


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

I just wanted to update this post. The fish oil doesn't seem to be working, but the hair loss is less than before. It's true that I changed my diet (trying keto and avoiding sugar and dairy), so maybe it's that. Will update you all in another few months. 


Can lupus cause hair loss? How to cope? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-lupus/hair-loss-and-lupus-785 2019-12-26 18:06:17
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

Give your opinion

Survey

What do you think about the Carenity Forum and community?

Survey

Help shape the future of Carenity!

Survey

Become a Carenity Ambassador – Help our community thrive!

Survey

On a scale of 0 to 10, how likely are you to recommend Carenity to a friend or colleague?

Articles to discover...

Types of lupus explained: systemic, cutaneous, drug-induced and neonatal lupus

10/09/2026 | News

Types of lupus explained: systemic, cutaneous, drug-induced and neonatal lupus

Benefits Of Doing Nothing: Why Rest Matters for Your Mental and Physical Health

10/02/2026 | News

Benefits Of Doing Nothing: Why Rest Matters for Your Mental and Physical Health

Medications That Cause Low Libido: A Guide by Drug Category

09/28/2026 | News

Medications That Cause Low Libido: A Guide by Drug Category

The challenges of living with an illness as a family: impact, communication, and solutions

09/24/2026 | News

The challenges of living with an illness as a family: impact, communication, and solutions

Cigarettes VS e-cigarettes: an update on the consumption and pitfalls to avoid

02/20/2019 | Advice

Cigarettes VS e-cigarettes: an update on the consumption and pitfalls to avoid

Telemedicine: Remote examinations and operations are here!

03/11/2019 | News

Telemedicine: Remote examinations and operations are here!

Chronic fatigue: patients' experiences and solutions

04/15/2019 | Advice

Chronic fatigue: patients' experiences and solutions

Love life in the face of illness: how to cope?

02/14/2019 | Advice

Love life in the face of illness: how to cope?

icon cross

Does this topic interest you?

Join the 500 000 patients registered on our platform, get information on your condition or on that of your family member, and discuss it with the community

Join now! Join now! Join now! Join now! Join now!

It’s free and confidential

Subscribe

You wish to be notified of new comments

 

You have been subscribed

Join now! Log in

About

  • About us
  • Why share your data?
  • The Carenity team
  • The ambassadors
  • Partner associations
  • Contributors
  • The Science and Ethics Committee
  • Our scientific publications
  • Our commitments
  • Certifications and awards
  • Carenity in the news
  • Editorial policy
  • Code of conduct
  • Legal notice
  • Terms of use
  • Cookie management
  • Contact
  • Carenity for professionals

Quick access

  • Health magazine
  • Search a forum
  • Learn about a condition
  • See medication reviews
  • List of forums (A-Z)
  • List of condition info sheets (A-Z)
  • List of medication fact sheets (A-Z)
  • Language flag fr flag en flag de flag es flag it

The www.carenity.us website does not constitute or replace professional medical advice.