Logo Carenity
Logo Carenity
Join now! Log in
flag us
flag fr flag en flag es flag de flag it
Home

Forums

Latest discussions
General discussions
See all - Forum index from A to Z

Medications

Medications fact sheet
See all - Medication index from A to Z

Surveys

Ongoing surveys
The results of the surveys

Magazine

Our featured pieces
News
Testimonials
Nutrition
Advice
Procedures & paperwork

Conditions

Fact sheets
See all - Disease index from A to Z

About

About us
Why share your data?
The Carenity team
The ambassadors
Partner associations
Contributors
The Science and Ethics Committee
Our scientific publications
Our commitments
Certifications and awards
Carenity in the news
Editorial policy
Code of conduct and privacy policy
Legal notice
Terms of use
Cookie management
Contact
Carenity for professionals

Join now! Log in
  • Forums

    • Latest discussions
    • General discussions
    • See all - Forum index from A to Z
  • Medications

    • Medications fact sheet
    • See all - Medication index from A to Z
  • Surveys

    • Ongoing surveys
    • The results of the surveys
  • Magazine

    • Our featured pieces
    • News
    • Testimonials
    • Nutrition
    • Advice
    • Procedures & paperwork
  • Conditions

    • Fact sheets
    • See all - Disease index from A to Z
  • Home
  • Forums
  • General forums
  • Treatments for anxiety and other mental illnesses
  • Anyone use cymbalta for anxiety?
 Back
Treatments for anxiety and other mental illnesses

Anyone use cymbalta for anxiety?

  •  79 views
  •  5 times supported
  •  9 comments
avatar exit

Unregistered member

06/30/2020 at 12:58 PM

Hi I was looking into starting cymbalta for anxiety and was curious of how is it and if it’s worth a try or not. 

Follow

Other groups...

Carenity News
Feedback for Carenity
Fun and games
General Topics
Good to know
Health and Medical News
How to use Carenity
Let's talk about COVID-19
Life beyond illness
The Holiday Season
Youth patients with chronic conditions

Give your opinion

Survey

What do you think about the Carenity Forum and community?

Survey

Help shape the future of Carenity!

Survey

Become a Carenity Ambassador – Help our community thrive!

All comments

avatar Courtney_J

Courtney_J

Community manager
06/30/2020 at 6:33 PM

Good advisor

avatar Courtney_J

Courtney_J

Community manager

Last activity on 08/08/2022 at 11:09 AM

Joined in 2020


1,334 comments posted | 134 in the Treatments for anxiety and other mental illnesses group

6 of their responses were helpful to members


Rewards

  • Good Advisor

  • Contributor

  • Messenger

  • Explorer

  • Friend


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

@Hope78 Hi Hope78, thank you for opening this discussion. Let me tag some members who can possibly share their experiences with cymbalta with you!

Hi everyone, how are you today? emoticon cute Have you every been on cymbalta for anxiety or depression? Did it work for you? Did you have any side effects?  Would you recommend it to Hope78? Feel free to share here!
@Lena0422‍ @mvn481‍ @br3490‍ @LadybugJay‍ @Millerjk24‍ @Marielilly‍ @Oweemytoe‍ @Peggy815‍ @Janiekent‍ @Rachelb‍ @savigirl14‍ @Sundog‍ @Dakotamoonstar22‍ @stephanieb73‍ @Nikkismith12‍ @Sheree‍ @karebear35‍ 

Take care,
Courtney

See the signature

Courtney_J, Community Manager, Carenity US


Anyone use cymbalta for anxiety? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/depression-treatments-and-medicine/anyone-use-cymbalta-for-anxiety-2143 2020-06-30 18:33:18
avatar exit

Unregistered member

06/30/2020 at 9:12 PM

I used it for awhile and it made me worse


Anyone use cymbalta for anxiety? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/depression-treatments-and-medicine/anyone-use-cymbalta-for-anxiety-2143 2020-06-30 21:12:38
avatar exit

Unregistered member

06/30/2020 at 10:01 PM
I've never used it I take busiprone

Anyone use cymbalta for anxiety? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/depression-treatments-and-medicine/anyone-use-cymbalta-for-anxiety-2143 2020-06-30 22:01:27
avatar exit

Unregistered member

09/16/2020 at 10:44 PM

I use it along with vistaril. The combination helps

 


Anyone use cymbalta for anxiety? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/depression-treatments-and-medicine/anyone-use-cymbalta-for-anxiety-2143 2020-09-16 22:44:34

avatar Maggy610

Maggy610

09/17/2020 at 7:02 PM

avatar Maggy610

Maggy610

Last activity on 06/24/2021 at 3:34 PM

Joined in 2020


6 comments posted | 2 in the Treatments for anxiety and other mental illnesses group


Rewards

  • Committed

  • Explorer


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write
 

I was given a script for it but I havent and dont plan on using it.  I think the side effects far outweigh the benefits of this drug, and many like it.  I am trying desperately to use mind over matter.  Ours minds are much stronger than we think and we can control this.  I've done it before, I'm hoping I can get a grip on me.

 

Anyone use cymbalta for anxiety? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/depression-treatments-and-medicine/anyone-use-cymbalta-for-anxiety-2143 2020-09-17 19:02:41
avatar exit

Unregistered member

02/12/2021 at 3:56 AM

Yes. Cymbalta also helps with pain. I think it is a great med for depression and highly recommend.


Anyone use cymbalta for anxiety? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/depression-treatments-and-medicine/anyone-use-cymbalta-for-anxiety-2143 2021-02-12 03:56:43

avatar Kylekitty

Kylekitty

05/27/2021 at 9:02 AM

avatar Kylekitty

Kylekitty

Last activity on 01/21/2023 at 6:07 PM

Joined in 2021


6 comments posted | 6 in the Treatments for anxiety and other mental illnesses group


Rewards

  • Contributor

  • Explorer

  • Friend


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

I was on Cymbalta for almost 4 yrs, & the therapist I was seeing suggested I switch to Lexapro, along with Wellbutrin that I was already taking. I weaned off the Cymbalta very slowly as instructed, but went through horrific withdrawal symptoms- crying out of control, severely depressed, problems sleeping, the shakes, and wondering if this is what a drug addict feels when trying to get off drugs. I found a group online called “Cymbalta Hurts” & couldn’t believe how many people had become addicted & weren’t able to get off of it. It took me a good 6 months, and fortunately I didn’t have lingering side effects. Many others haven’t been so lucky.


Anyone use cymbalta for anxiety? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/depression-treatments-and-medicine/anyone-use-cymbalta-for-anxiety-2143 2021-05-27 09:02:10
avatar exit

Unregistered member

07/27/2022 at 12:11 PM

I was for a short time along with another med. Things went well til I switched doctors and some how I was off of cymbalta and just on the other.


Anyone use cymbalta for anxiety? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/depression-treatments-and-medicine/anyone-use-cymbalta-for-anxiety-2143 2022-07-27 12:11:36

avatar Polina.K

Polina.K

Community manager
03/13/2023 at 1:54 PM

Good advisor

avatar Polina.K

Polina.K

Community manager

Last activity on 08/18/2025 at 6:09 PM

Joined in 2023


137 comments posted | 26 in the Treatments for anxiety and other mental illnesses group

4 of their responses were helpful to members


Rewards

  • Good Advisor

  • Contributor

  • Messenger

  • Explorer

  • Evaluator

  • Friend


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

Hi @Hope78 @stephanieb73 @Marielilly @Kris78 @Maggy610 @#linds @Kylekitty

How are you doing today?

How has your situation been with Cymbalta? We have recently launched a feature where you can review your medication: https://member.carenity.us/medications

Leave your rating and let everyone know of your side effects.

Take care,

Polina from the Carenity team


Anyone use cymbalta for anxiety? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/depression-treatments-and-medicine/anyone-use-cymbalta-for-anxiety-2143 2023-03-13 13:54:01

Give your opinion

Survey

What do you think about the Carenity Forum and community?

Survey

Help shape the future of Carenity!

Survey

Become a Carenity Ambassador – Help our community thrive!

Articles to discover...

The challenges of living with an illness as a family: impact, communication, and solutions

09/24/2026 | News

The challenges of living with an illness as a family: impact, communication, and solutions

Caregiver burnout: When caring for someone else leaves no room for yourself

09/07/2026 | Advice

Caregiver burnout: When caring for someone else leaves no room for yourself

Why does physical activity have a positive effect on mental health?

08/29/2026 | News

Why does physical activity have a positive effect on mental health?

Weight gain without eating more: What's really going on?

08/22/2026 | News

Weight gain without eating more: What's really going on?

Cigarettes VS e-cigarettes: an update on the consumption and pitfalls to avoid

02/20/2019 | Advice

Cigarettes VS e-cigarettes: an update on the consumption and pitfalls to avoid

Telemedicine: Remote examinations and operations are here!

03/11/2019 | News

Telemedicine: Remote examinations and operations are here!

Chronic fatigue: patients' experiences and solutions

04/15/2019 | Advice

Chronic fatigue: patients' experiences and solutions

Love life in the face of illness: how to cope?

02/14/2019 | Advice

Love life in the face of illness: how to cope?

icon cross

Does this topic interest you?

Join the 500 000 patients registered on our platform, get information on your condition or on that of your family member, and discuss it with the community

Join now! Join now! Join now! Join now! Join now!

It’s free and confidential

Subscribe

You wish to be notified of new comments

 

You have been subscribed

Join now! Log in

About

  • About us
  • Why share your data?
  • The Carenity team
  • The ambassadors
  • Partner associations
  • Contributors
  • The Science and Ethics Committee
  • Our scientific publications
  • Our commitments
  • Certifications and awards
  • Carenity in the news
  • Editorial policy
  • Code of conduct
  • Legal notice
  • Terms of use
  • Cookie management
  • Contact
  • Carenity for professionals

Quick access

  • Health magazine
  • Search a forum
  • Learn about a condition
  • See medication reviews
  • List of forums (A-Z)
  • List of condition info sheets (A-Z)
  • List of medication fact sheets (A-Z)
  • Language flag fr flag en flag de flag es flag it

The www.carenity.us website does not constitute or replace professional medical advice.