https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/lupus.jpg

Patients Lupus

Lupus and maintaining employment

Posted on

@Rockee what work were you doing? Do you have any updates on your status regarding employment? 

Do you feel that "working being too much on the mind and body" is due to lupus? 

I am sorry to hear that you are going through this difficult and challenging time at such a young age. I hope things are getting better for you.

Posted on

@Beckisue Wow Becki that is so much , i got to say i also admire you for that also... i know i said you know your body best but i hope you're not over-exhausting yourself. much strength to you though! 

Posted on

wow thanks everyone for the feedback.  so glad to hear back from everybody. i am still hanging in there working from home and so far i can still do it for the most part . grateful for that.

Posted on

Does anyone else have experience or story to share about working with lupus?

Do you work? What type of work do you do? How has / does lupus impact your work?

If you are no longer working, how long were you working before and what was the ultimate factor causing the stoppage of work?

Posted on

Thinking of starting a Facebook group on this subject. Would anyone else be interested in joining?

Posted on

I had to leave my job in education that I loved... I always fought through the pain and just kept going and then I had a brain aneurysm at work. After being one of the few to survive and a couple of months in ICU I slowly recovered. Luckily I had taken out long term disability insurance but still wanted to try to go back to work.

I went back but after 6 months it was just to much. I was doing 8 hour infusion treatments and realized that I could keep up this pace and die young or retire early and spend time with my grandkids. I made the right choice...

Money is always tight and I wish I could find a part time job I could do from home.