Coronavirus (COVID-19) - information and precautions

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Long COVID

Posted on

I was diagnosed with MS in 2008. The last few years have been rough. The last month I’ve had bad cold burning pain in my legs from the knee down and my feet. The only relief is when I take Xanax. It brings my pain from an 8 to a 1 or 2.  I see my doctor next week but would like to know if any of you have advice on what can help.  I also can barely walk now and must use a walker or hold on to something when I walk

Posted on

have a friend also recieving Chmo one of her doctors advised to get the shot 

Posted on

[comment moderated by Community Manager for violation of community standards]

Posted on

@Courtney_J In January I came down with Covid-19.  I was a little surprised that I didn't get any sicker then I did.  I slight fever for a couple of days,  I runny nose for 10 days,  and constantly tired.  Sleep 10 to 12 hours each day I was sick.  On the 14th day after coming down with Covid-19 I drove the 2000 miles home instead of flying home.  Once I was home I took the test and is confirmed we did have the virus at some point.   We continued to quarantine for 1 week as our doctor suggested.  So far no continued problems except still being tired more then normal.

Now having had the virus,  and again I say virus,  is it necessary to take the vaccine for the virus.  That is like taking the vaccine for the childhood diseases for then once,  or taking the vaccine after already having the childhood diseases.   Since I never had any of the childhood diseases when I had my first child my doctor told me I should take the vaccine that would stop me from getting the mumps, measles, chicken pocks.  Now that was a ONE time vaccine for a virus, that is not required if you already had the virus.
Now I know some doctors say you should take the vaccine for Covid-19,  but I know a couple other doctors that say I should not need it.  And looking at some of the results of getting the vaccine,  I don't know if I want to take that chance.

Most commented discussions