/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Focal dystonia

Do you use Botox injections? Do you inject botulinum toxin?
Member Carenity
Posted on

I have had the head tremors and my head being pulled in a direction for at least 10 years now but was told nothing could b done and not diagnosed until this year.  When I was in so much pain was in tears they finally sent me to a neurologist who diagnosed me   Do u feel like the shots are working for u the same level as when u first started getting them?  U r young to have that to deal with. 

Do you use Botox injections? Do you inject botulinum toxin?
Member Carenity
Posted on

Well actually I stopped getting the shots eventually.   Like I said I was getting the Botox shots for almost 2 years every 4 months.   But then at work we transitioned into a new contractor so my insurance lapsed right around the time I had another session of shots coming. I would get my shots at the university of Chicago medicine.  So I ended up re scheduling the appointment for a month later but I had already had worries about the fact that I had been getting shots for a while and although I didn’t see much if any improvement I never get worse with my neck really.  My neck pulls my head to the right btw.   So either way I thought to my self let me see how long I can go with out the shots.  Give myself enough time for the Botox to completely wear of. I’m 28 now.  So I would say I haven’t had shots for 4 years I believe.  I never got worse thank god, just something that I deal with everyday.   I have seen a lot of YouTube videos of different treatments that dentist actually have come up with to treat dystonia.  Don’t know if you have ever looked into them.  There is one that has had my attention for while it’s like a kind of splint that goes on your bottom teem that opens up you jaw to help with the tremors and the cases you see on the videos are pretty severe and the results are pretty amazing.   Try looking up.  Cervical dystonia/ tmj treatment.  Or new treatment for cervical dystonia on YouTube.  See what you think.