/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Focal dystonia

Do you use Botox injections? Do you inject botulinum toxin?
Member Carenity
Posted on

I just finished my second round of botox injections for my focal dystonia  I also have tremors.  The first round I was in so much pain before I got the shots I was in tears did not know how I was going to work with the pain. It took 3 1/2 weeks and the pain was 98% gone then about a week or 2 before u can get your next round I started having intermittent pain but nothing horrible.  I went in got my second round and two to 3 weeks after I was really bad with pain couldn't sleep or anything but I'm now at work 3 1/2 again and it is really good.  It's such a relief to not have that pain or the tremors but I'm scared what the botox will do over long term use and wondering if it will eventually not help.  I dont know what I would do if nothing helped  . 

Member Carenity
Posted on

What part of your body does the focal dystonia affect?

Member Carenity
Posted on

My neck  Plus I have head tremors

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username I am dealing with focal hand dystonia. Doctors and experts don't know what to do with this one.

Member Carenity
Posted on
Oh gosh I'm sorry.
Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username it's a bummer...

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username how old old are you if you don’t want me asking. I first starting getting Botox shots when I was 22.  Did it for about 2 years every four months.   

Member Carenity
Posted on
I am 50 and just got my second round of botox shots. I'm a little concerned I'm not sure if this second round is working as good as the first round did I feel like I have more pain and tremors then after the first round I hope I'm wrong
Member Carenity
Posted on

It’s such a trip because since they can’t just give you another dose right away and have to wait at least 3 months.  At least that’s what they told me.   As far as the long term effects I don’t think there is any proof or research that shows that there are any severe issues. I have heard of people even getting shots on the front side of the neck.  I remember my fear would be swallowing food since I had read something about people haven’t difficulty. How long have you had the dystonia.  I’m 28 now.  Diagnosed when I was 22.